Organic Vanilla Noir

Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Doulton

From American Tea Room

An organic Yunnan black tea blended with genuine aromatic organic vanilla beans.

This tea is certified USDA organic.

About American Tea Room View company

Morning latte! I like the vanilla of this tea. It’s not so much vanilla flavour as it reminds me of vanilla bean. I’m glad the sample I purchased has enough for several cups so that I can also try this straight. Overall this is a nice start to a rainy Wednesday morning.

I really like Vanilla so I ordered a fairly large bag (3.5 ounces) of this from the American Tea Room. Imitating JacquelineM I cut up a fresh Madagascar vanilla bean and allowed it to sit in the bag for about three weeks. The result is a deep, rich vanilla tea. I am certain that the flavor has been well-enhanced but also it may well have been quite strong before my addition.

Because of the strength of the vanilla, my tasting note may be a bit off. The black tea support seems to be excellent but also chosen as a backdrop to promote the vanilla.

If you like vanilla I would highly recommend JacquelineM’s method and get the best vanilla bean you can find and doctor the tea. I did not taste the tea previously, because I put the smallest hole in the bag possible to add my vanilla bean segments. It’s delightful and not the least bit ersatz!

LiberTEAS

That is an excellent alteration idea for vanilla tea lovers. Tea leaves are extraordinarily absorbent of flavors, this is an excellent way to rev up the flavor of a vanilla tea (which is often lacking even in some of the best vanilla blends)

Doulton

I agree. I’ve had another cup and I think that the vanilla taste is fantastic.

Veri-Tea

I make my vanilla tea by chopping up vanilla beans finely and scattering them through the tea, as well as putting a couple of chopped pods in there to infuse… so yummy. Vanilla and tea is just one of the best combinations ever.

Ricky

Where do you recommend purchasing some beans? There are too many companies out there selling madagascar beans :(

JacquelineM

Ricky – I got mine from Williams Sonoma. There are a TON of places online, but I’ve heard good things about http://www.amadeusvanillabeans.com/ from various food bloggers.

Ricky

Ohhh, how is the quality or are they all about the same?

JacquelineM

I like the ones from Williams Sonoma – they are Nielsen Massey – great quality and very delicious! (plus right up the street from where I work!) I think the ones on the internet are high quality and cheaper in the long run – I just didn’t want to mess with a large quantity and shipping when all I needed was 2 vanilla beans :)

This was my breakfast tea! The vanilla complimented the Blueberry French Toast and bacon my husband made this morning – good stuff! :)

CHAroma

Blueberry french toast!!! Oh man!!

Bonnie

I’m gonna steal your man!

Will Work For Tea

Oh no you don’t, Bonnie! He’s one of the few things I’ve got going for me – lol!

This last cup fail flat, I could still taste the vanilla bean I’ve adored in the past but it was almost like drinking vanilla water. It was a sample size that was not stored well that could be the problem. I’m not even sure if I like vanilla tea anymore after drinking this, which I need to figure out quick because I planned on having my mom bring back a ton of my favorite from London next month. Before tonight I had thought of this as one I would order if I was placing an order anyways and was running low on vanilla tea, now I’m not sure. Hopefully I just did not store it correctly.

This tea was brought to me by the superb mj1851 and I have to say I quite like it! I added some milk to cool it down because I was too impatient to wait and I feel like it was a good decision. I feel like it has an artificial vanilla extract quality, in the sense that when you smell it it’s soft vanilla, and when you taste it black, it’s probably a bit stronger than one would expect. Thank you mj1851 for this: is good!

This tea was different than other vanilla teas that I have. The vanilla had less of a creamy, desert-like quality to it. It reminded me more of that vanilla taste you get from bourbon.I may have under-leafed this cup a tiny bit, but the flavors weren’t rich enough for me. The black base was unremarkable. Despite the fact that this tea had a somewhat unique taste, it was still a meh experience.

Flavors: Vanilla