Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

From American Tea Room

Some say that oolong was created in China and perfected in Taiwan. We say that light-oxidation oolong was created in China and perfected in our Dong Ding Oolong.

Skillfully produced in the Dong Ding region outside Taipei, this tea is the epitome of buttery smoothness and floral aroma. Shiny, tightly rolled, deep-forest-and-blue-green leaves with specks of olive, sage and army green give off a fragrant, floral and fresh aroma. As the leaves infuse, they unfurl into stunning three-leaf sets, opening more (and releasing more flavor) with each subsequent infusion.

The first infusion is intensely yellow with a gentle hint of green. It has a fantastically floral aroma and decadent flavors of orchids, gardenias, fresh cream, the greenness of fresh-cut plant matter, light astringency and a hint of baked vanilla sweetness. Bittersweet notes of fresh gardenias follow in the aftertaste. As the brew cools, its creamy, buttery notes reach new heights, dramatically altering the overall flavor profile of this incredible tea.

Subsequent infusions are often creamier and sweeter than the first, so be sure to reinfuse your leaves for the maximum benefit this tea has to offer. Brew for slightly longer each time and savor the creamy sweetness…

About American Tea Room View company

Faint floral with a toasty aroma and taste. Hints of green and gardenias. Steamed roasted grains juxtaposed with an essence of tropical humidity. Then there’s something that reminds me of macadamia nuts.

Smooth, no bitterness, just a whisper of astringency. Refreshingly warm and soothing.

A lovely oolong overall. A very pleasant cup.

Forgot what I’d previously rated this when I found it in my stash while looking for something I don’t normally drink. So here goes another try of it, steeped a little longer than before.

I like it better than before and am raising my rating, but it’s not at all a favorite.

I really feel something for this tea. It’s a good, robustly flavored tea.

It smells kind of nutty, like roasted nuts. I used the Breville at 195 for 3 minutes. It smells heavenly. I really love this homey, grounded scent. It’s warm and inviting and I take a sip. Aaahhh! Lovely. It’s toasty good, kind of woodsy, a hint of smoke. It’s very, very good.

Buttery Tasting and feeling yet smooth on the way down—definitely one of my favorite evening teas.

A delightfully fragrant oolong that defines smoothness. The taste is slightly grassy with a natural sweetness reminiscent of burnt sugar. It has a creamy aftertaste with a buttery mouthfeel that one only finds in the best oolongs.