Thé des Esprits

Edit tea info Last updated by Doulton

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is a delicious tea. The dry aroma is dominated by the orange but the brewed tea liquor nicely balances the orange, apple, and the spices of the blend. The vanilla is not shy either. As I...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Thé des Esprits is a stirring blend of Chinese and Ceylon black tea with cinnamon, orange peels, apple bits, almonds, vanilla bean, coriander, ginger, pistachios and pink peppercorns. The aromatic blend infuses into a cloudy, mahogany-colored brew with a complexly fruity, spiced, tannic aroma. The taste is immensely warming, with wintery flavors of dried fruits and spices, much like mulled red wine or unsweetened apple cider. Notes of apple, citrus and black tea dominate the flavor and are complemented by cinnamon, coriander and other spices.

Thé des Esprits is approachable and delicious when served straight, or with a sprinkle of sugar or splash of orange juice. For consistent flavor across infusions, always shake the package before you measure your tea to brew.

About American Tea Room View company

1 Tasting Note

As I drink this I think that it’s one of many, many teas I have sampled which are exceptionally strong. How do I distinguish them? American Tea Room has one of my favorite blends in its Brioche and I think that their one flavor orange and vanilla teas are exceptional. This tea is an exceptional orange/apple lightly spiced and there is most certainly a niche for that in my life.

American Tea Room never has disappointed me yet; I don’t know if they add something to the blends but they seem to end up with a better product than so many of the really fine but not brilliant tea companies out there have. I wonder if most of those companies rely on the same blends/different packaging. I am convinced that the American Tea Room is adding a je ne sais quoi that is thoroughly delightful.

Erin Williams

How high is the cinnamon for it? I like cinnamon related teas and this seems intriguing.