Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

• “I'm assuming I got this as a sample from American Tea Room, because I have yet to order a tea with lavender in it. To me, lavender is something I inhale to enjoy. In a tea? Well... okay, I'll try...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1108 tasting notes
  • “I rather enjoyed this blend. I am somewhat afraid of certain blends that contain lavender as they sometimes remind me of drinking laundry detergent. This one, however, in no way had that quality....” Read full tasting note
    LauraR 69 tasting notes
  • “This infuses to a very distinct Grey-ish yet brighter green. It's very different than anything I have ever seen in other herbals. The aroma reminds me of a Lavender Lip Balm I once had. I would...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes
  • “A very strong aromatherapeutic blend. However, I feel that the lavender tends to get lost amongst the strong spearmint flavor, somewhat disappointing.” Read full tasting note
    TeaBL 1 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Of all our tisanes, Provence is the most profoundly soothing. It’s a fragrant blend of violet lavender buds, mellow lemon verbena (“verveine”), sweet lemon balm, herbaceous lemongrass, tingly peppermint and smooth spearmint that we at American Tea Room think of as “aromatherapy in a glass.” The crisp, clear, coppery infusion has clean aromas of flowers and fresh mint, and an intensely floral taste with herbaceous, citrus and mint undertones. The aftertaste is at first minty, floral and tingly. As the aftertaste lingers, these flavors give way to a smooth, citrusy sweetness. Find peace and tranquility with each sip of this grounding brew.

About American Tea Room View company

I’m assuming I got this as a sample from American Tea Room, because I have yet to order a tea with lavender in it. To me, lavender is something I inhale to enjoy. In a tea? Well… okay, I’ll try it. Had an surprising amount of lavender in it, and it smells strongly of potpourri out of the bag. Also, one sample bag = one liter of tea, or four cups.

Steeped, this smells of lavender mint – again, a bit concerning for me. Lots of tiny floaties as well. First sips tasted like little to me, so maybe they’re too hot still. The taste left in my mouth is… fuzzy. Burning. Flowery. Odd. It tastes like potpourri to me. I’m… going to dump this and try something else. Wanted to like it, be adventurous. I think I’ll just go with something I know I’ll love.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I feel like a single lavender flower can kill any good cup of tea :(

OMGsrsly

I just looked at the picture. When they say lavender, they aren’t kidding, are they?

MissB

I agree wholeheartedly with you both. It’s probably lovely as a potpourri.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Oh man, that is a lot of lavender! Crazy

I rather enjoyed this blend. I am somewhat afraid of certain blends that contain lavender as they sometimes remind me of drinking laundry detergent. This one, however, in no way had that quality. I found this to have a nice mix of lavender and mint with a mellow lemon backdrop. The mint tasted more like spearmint that peppermint to me. This blend was very relaxing and an excellent aromatherapy option.

gmathis

We browsed our favorite health food store last night and discovered they have dried lavender by the ounce. I was tempted to try some, but not sure what to do with it. This gives me an idea … just a pinch in something lemony.

This infuses to a very distinct Grey-ish yet brighter green. It’s very different than anything I have ever seen in other herbals. The aroma reminds me of a Lavender Lip Balm I once had. I would agree with the product description in saying it’s like Aromatherapy in a cup! The Lemon Balm and Lavender overpower the other ingredients on taste. The Peppermint isn’t overly noticeable. This is an ‘ok’ cup!

Upon opening the package, I was pleased by the strong lavender scent. I love the smell of real, fresh lavender. However, I do relate it with potpourri, so I had some misgivings about whether I’d want to drink something so strongly floral. The steeped beverage was very nice – as I inhaled it, the experience seemed more like aromatherapy, as if I shouldn’t actually put it in my mouth. Surprisingly, when I did, the flavor was subtle, gentle, soothing. The lavender was the strongest flavor, but made more complex by subtle mint and lemon accents. Very nice tea. Very unusual in a good way. I wouldn’t choose to drink it nightly because I have American Tea Room’s Lemncello for that. But I would brew this when specifically seeking to have my nerves calmed.