Grand Yunnan Imperial

Edit tea info Last updated by Carolyn

• “I think i'm a fan of this one. it's malty but smokey...most of the yunnan's that i've tried have only been malty. I like that this one isn't a smokey keemun, but it's similar...so of course in...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4830 tasting notes
  • “Thank you, Sil, for making my morning! I woke up groggy & I kind of feel like my body is fighting something off, but I have things to do, so I wanted something bold & rich, & here it is! I've...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2895 tasting notes
  • “The tea presents a dark brown liquor. It has a strong malty smell with notes of leather and fruit and the barest hint of smoke. It brews into a powerful wake-up tea with a bitter back note combined...” Read full tasting note
    Carolyn 223 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Grand Yunnan Imperial is a delight of a tea. Its heavily oxidized, near-black leaves are flecked with shimmering golden buds. Their aroma is full, with notes of loam, blackberries, unsweetened chocolate and minerals. Scents of pine smoke, tobacco and ore-rich earth waft from its jewel-toned brew. Relish in its seductive flavors of smoky pine and honey-drizzled blackberries.

About American Tea Room View company

I think i’m a fan of this one. it’s malty but smokey…most of the yunnan’s that i’ve tried have only been malty. I like that this one isn’t a smokey keemun, but it’s similar…so of course in went the maple syrup. It’s not an out of this world sort of tea but i’d drink it again :)

Terri HarpLady

So far I’ve enjoyed the American tea room teas I’ve tried (from you, in the BBBB).

Thank you, Sil, for making my morning!
I woke up groggy & I kind of feel like my body is fighting something off, but I have things to do, so I wanted something bold & rich, & here it is! I’ve enjoyed all of the teas that I’ve tried from American tea room.This one has a brightness to go with the earthiness, a nicely balanced tea that I would drink with breakfast any day! MOAR!!! I want Moar!

YAY! glad you liked it. I like that the sample sizes ATR provides are pretty decently sized given they’re a wee bit more expensive than other tea samples i’ve picked up from other places.

The tea presents a dark brown liquor. It has a strong malty smell with notes of leather and fruit and the barest hint of smoke. It brews into a powerful wake-up tea with a bitter back note combined with maltiness and a very slight sweetness. It’s not really for me except for those few mornings where I need something truly powerful to wake me up.