Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by universal.mama

• “I can see two big chunks of vanilla bean in my heaping teaspoon of rooibos blend steeped in 12 oz of 200 F water. There is a strong honey aroma over the cup and another sharp aroma I can't...” Read full tasting note
    teamax 50 tasting notes
  • “I was looking forward to this tea - warm, nutty rooibos with a hint of cream. The problem is, the vanilla was so heavy, there was no "hint"-ing involved. I felt hit over the head with the vanilla...” Read full tasting note
    univ_mama 25 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Our Organic Vanilla Rooibos is a extremely popular. It is an Organic blend of honey-sweet, woodsy rooibos needles and aromatic, creamy Madagascar bourbon vanilla with real vanilla beans. A sultry vanilla-orange-cedar aroma wafts from Vanilla Rooibos’ dark ruby brew. Its full flavor has notes of orange zest astringency and vanilla sweetness, with a boldly spicy-sweet finish. Vanilla Rooibos is delicious on its own and phenomenal as a tea latte.

About American Tea Room View company

There is a strong honey aroma over the cup and another sharp aroma I can’t place. The liquor is clear and has a nice, deep red-brown color.

The taste gives me a warm honey flavor, then a sharp vanilla flavor, then the soft, earthy rooibos taste. The sip is not earthy overall, likely due to the strong, almost pungent vanilla taste. I think it balances the honey and earthy rooibos flavors well. A vanilla aftertaste remains.

I like this one enough to consider ordering more than this sample and trying it with milk.

I was looking forward to this tea – warm, nutty rooibos with a hint of cream. The problem is, the vanilla was so heavy, there was no “hint”-ing involved. I felt hit over the head with the vanilla instead. Good quality vanilla, to be sure, but not a seamless enough marriage of balanced flavors for my taste. Perhaps a different kind of vanilla would have been better?