American Beauty Organic

White Tea
Flowers, Jasmine, Lavender
Edit tea info Last updated by universal.mama

From American Tea Room

About American Tea Room View company

I’m not completely sure who sent this to me but thank you! I decided to get back to working on some of my samples from swaps. They’ve been sitting around for a while.
This one is beautiful. It’s very soft and delicate. The first thing I can taste is the rose which turns into lavender and ends in a minty sweetness. I can tell that there is jasmine in this blend but it kind of blends in between the lavender and rose. The white tea is behind the floral flavors but I think it lends a soft peachy-like sweetness to it. Very soothing.

Backlog

Okay…Read this description:
“As much a tribute to the classic rose as well as the award winning movie, American Beauty is a beguiling and intoxicating organic melange of premium white tea, roses, peppermint, and jasmine. The organic white tea makes an ideal base allowing the mint and the rose to take center stage complimenting each others heady notes that are heightened by the light sweet fragrance of jasmine. A new American Classic.”

That tea sounds pretty great, right? Well least for me. I like roses, peppermint, and jasmine. The guy let me smell the tea a couple different times because at first I didn’t know what to think but holy shanghai! I ended up so intrigued by the mix of those flavors. And it did smell quite light and delicious. Something I’d like.
But later when I opened the bag at home I was hit by a wave of flowers. Strong flowers. Overpowering flowers. Not the nice kind.
But I ignored the dry leaf smell and brewed up a cup of this one.
Much to my surprise I didn’t taste any peppermint or roses, or even really flowers.
All I tasted was lavender, which is pretty much my nemesis when it comes to floral flavors. It had a very very faint hint of jasmine, but not enough to make up for that lavender. Ohhh I drank half a cup. Can’t believe I got that far. But I really wanted to see if I could taste any more flavors at all. I couldn’t though. :( Not at all. It was just awful.
I was gonna put the other samples I don’t like on my sale list for like 25 cents each, but I just threw this one away. I can’t handle it being in my room, it was just overpowering. Wow.
I do not recommend this one unless you are a huge lavender fan! This one was even more disappointing than the lemon one actually :( I don’t think I’ll be getting more of their teas any time soon..other than Oh Canada. :S

Flavors: Flowers, Jasmine, Lavender

I think this came to me in a travelling Teabox – but I can’t recall which one. The tea appears to be mostly rose petals but I can spot some white tea leaves and lavender flowers in the mix too. Individually I love the scents of all the ingredients involved – but blended together the end result is rather odd and somehow reminds me a bit of dill pickles. Thankfully it doesn’t also taste like dill pickles so we’re all good. ;) The white tea get s a bit lost in the middle of the other ingredients – sweet rose, soothing lavender and cool mint, but the ingredients combine surprisingly well together.