Marrakesh Tea

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Tea of the afternoon...... And tea #10 of 24. This one was sent by *QuiltGuppy* for my green tea and oolong self education. Thank you so much for sending this one as it is my first Moroccan...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 970 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

Marrakesh is our own Moroccan mint green tea, based on a tradition dating back to the days of the Silk Road. It is a blend of spearmint leaves and tightly rolled pellets of Chinese green tea (called “Gunpowder Green” for their gunpowder-like appearance). Traditionally, Moroccan tea is mixed with an enormous amount of sugar for a thick, almost syrupy consistency, but our Marrakesh blend stands on its own. The bronze, crystal-clear infusion’s smoky, roasty aroma is freshened by a touch of mint, and the flavor is tingly and refreshing with an impressive smoky depth. The aftertaste is delicate and smooth, making this a supremely sippable tea whether it’s served hot or iced.

About American Tea Room View company

1 Tasting Note

Tea of the afternoon……

And tea #10 of 24. This one was sent by QuiltGuppy for my green tea and oolong self education. Thank you so much for sending this one as it is my first Moroccan mint! I also don’t think I have had a gunpowder green on its own, so this is completely new.

I love the refreshing flavor of the mint. I am trying to drink this one as is. It kind of reminds me (in my limited scope of mint green teas…) of Candy Cane Lane but more like real tea as it has much more body and fewer flavors to distract from the green. I expected the color of the tea to be lighter, but it is a light caramel color. Maybe it is more in line with other gunpowders….I have a sample of just gunpowder green that I will have to try for comparison. All in all, a refreshing tea and a great afternoon pick me up.

15 oz. mug, just over 2 tsp tea blend, 180 water, 3 minutes.