Maharajah Single Estate Assam

Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

• “Another new tea i tried today. I'm gradually working through some of the teas that i haven't tried yet...especially since they're small in size in alot of cases. This is a pretty decent assam. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5241 tasting notes
  • “I think I've enjoyed all of the teas that *Sil* sent to me from American tea room, & this is no exception! This is a rich & sweet cup, with plenty of flavor & a sensation of clarity about it. A...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3050 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

This standout single-estate Assam has an abundance of coppery-golden buds and large, well-oxidized leaves with aromas of tobacco, cinnamon, clove, malt and flowers. Its ruby-garnet infusion has rich scents of malt, tobacco and spiced, baked pears. The flavor is remarkably smooth, especially for an Assam. It has very little astringency and is characterized by flavors of tobacco, malt, lemon-citrus acidity, cloves and other spices. The aftertaste is full and persistent. Although this tea is fantastic on its own, it can also handle a few drops of milk or a sprinkling of sugar.

About American Tea Room View company

Another new tea i tried today. I’m gradually working through some of the teas that i haven’t tried yet…especially since they’re small in size in alot of cases. This is a pretty decent assam. i think i prefer it over the other one that i tried from ATR, though it’s still not knock your socks off sort of enjoyment. There’s a decent malty sort of taste with a bit of sweetness that i like.

I think I’ve enjoyed all of the teas that Sil sent to me from American tea room, & this is no exception! This is a rich & sweet cup, with plenty of flavor & a sensation of clarity about it.
A nice start to my day. Thanks Sil!