Brioche Free

Herbal Tea
Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

• “This is not really a tasting note because I opened this up, took one whiff, and realized this is American Tea Room's version of Forever Nuts. *Does anyone want this* because I won't be drinking it....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1876 tasting notes
  • “When I heard that there would be a caffeine-free version of the Brioche tea, I became very excited! I have enjoyed the original and knew that I would like the ability to drink it in the evening....” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 523 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to ATR for the generously sized free sample! Smells great (unsurprising given its predecessor!) but alas, has apple and that hot pink hue beetroot-nut-and-apple blends often have that tells...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “This was a free sample in my order with American Tea Room. I picked up a bag of Brioche with that order and absolutely fell in love so I was eager to compare. If I don't compare this tea with...” Read full tasting note
    silentrequiem 272 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

An organic caffeine free version of our best selling Brioche. All the taste a fresh baked patisserie with none of the caffeine. Perfect anytime of day – or right before bed. Apple Pieces, Almonds, Cinnamon and Beetroot make this tea the perfect dessert substitute.

About American Tea Room View company

This is not really a tasting note because I opened this up, took one whiff, and realized this is American Tea Room’s version of Forever Nuts. Does anyone want this because I won’t be drinking it. At least it was a free sample that came with my order.

yeah that’s why i didn’t buy it. it’s not really brioche.

VariaTEA

I was gonna buy it and then read the description and thought it sounded similar so I didn’t add it. ATR thought I should have it though and sent it as 1 of the 2 free samples. I opened it just to make sure and it even smells the same.

Roswell Strange

If you haven’t finished packaging the stuff for our swap, I wouldn’t mind trying it. If everything is already packaged, don’t worry about it – someone else can try it :)

VariaTEA

Haha. If no one asked for it, it was going to you anyways. So it is all yours :)

VariaTEA

When I heard that there would be a caffeine-free version of the Brioche tea, I became very excited! I have enjoyed the original and knew that I would like the ability to drink it in the evening. For some reason, I thought that it would be a caffeine-free black tea brioche blend, so I was surprised to see that it’s completely herbal. The dry blend smells identical to DavidsTeas’ Forever Nuts.

It looks like they have the same ingredients: apple pieces, beetroot, almonds and cinnamon… perhaps in different amounts. Darn, I feel like I know what this is going to taste like even before sipping. Still, I am very much a fan of Forever Nuts, but can’t buy it regularly as I need quite a bit of the blend to make a tasty cup… and simply don’t find it to be a good value. That being said, it looks like this version from American Tea Room is slightly.. and I mean ever-so-slightly cheaper.

I used about two teaspoons for an 8 oz cup.. which makes the whole sample good for about two cups of tea. Sipping… yep. It’s Forever Nuts, though perhaps not as tart and with a better aftertaste. Sweet, a tiny bit tart, with nice touch of cinnamon. Yummy! I definitely prefer this blend to Forever Nuts. I can see myself adding a pouch of this to my next order if I can get beyond the large (and therefore pricey) amount of blend I have to use for each cup.

Thanks for the review! Less likely to get this one now since caffeine doesn’t bother me

Stephanie

I’ve been waiting to see reviews of this one, thanks!

Thanks to ATR for the generously sized free sample!

Smells great (unsurprising given its predecessor!) but alas, has apple and that hot pink hue beetroot-nut-and-apple blends often have that tells me what I’m in for is likely not going to be my thing. (There’s a Joy’s Teaspoon blend that psyched me out by smelling divine and then being tart, with this exact same color; I believe David’s has one too…Forever Nuts IIRC. It’s funny how certain tea blend components are always found together.) If you don’t mind apple tartness in tea (I almost always do), this is a nicely done version of that aforementioned blend type. It’s not much like Brioche except a bit in the smell (it’s got a nuttier aroma though) so I wouldn’t recommend ordering it expecting anything like that; if on the other hand you’ve had those David’s Forever Nuts type teas before and like them, it could be a winner. Since apple is really not my thing, and this general blend type which I’ve tried 3 or so times from different companies never works for me (usually sent as free samples; I know not to pick it myself usually), I’ll pass. But again, as these things go it’s a well done version.

Appreciate the review….sounds like I can pass on this one

Stephanie

Ditto to what Sil said.

This was a free sample in my order with American Tea Room. I picked up a bag of Brioche with that order and absolutely fell in love so I was eager to compare. If I don’t compare this tea with Brioche, I like it. It’s very similar to Teavana’s Caramel Almond Amaretti in ingredients, but the flavor is smoother.

If I compare this to Brioche, Brioche wins hands down each time. This blend misses the flaky pastry taste of the original, which is a huge reason why I fell in love with it.

Again i turn to my brioche free, after adventuretime based melancholy. Sugar and milk will help, too. Oh, Simon!!

Similar to, but a little better than Capital Teas Roasted Almond, mostly because it lacks the sweet-ish aftertaste. I haven’t had the black tea version yet but can imagine the tannins would help it out quite a bit. Perhaps they should consider making a decaf black version? Verdict: meh+.

I got a sample of this one for free with my recent order of the original Brioche. I’m not going to rate this because I generally do not like this type of herbal, where it’s just a bunch of “flavorings” added to some chunks of nuts and or dried fruit that do not apart any flavoring of their own. (A la David’s Forever Nuts) Slap this flavoring onto some high quality decaf black tea, and we’ll talk ;)

This came with my order of Brioche and I was excited to see that they offer a decaf version. Like others have mentioned, this is identical to Forever Nuts! I love the taste of Forever Nuts so really enjoyed this and will definitely add it to my next order.

Flavors: Nuts

1 tsp 9 OZ / 266 ML

Sipdown (200/202)

Hooray for never ending backlog…

This is part of the set of teas I was trying to log yesterday but couldn’t finish because I had to go for my interview, which by the way didn’t turn out too well. I knew it wouldn’t as soon as I got there though: I clearly didn’t fit the “type”. All the employees were East Indian and very slender/thin with super high end fashionable clothing and the other eight candidates there were also East Indian with the same appearance… And, the all seemed to know each other. And there I was, not really ‘fitting in’ at all, and in my opinion at quite a disadvantage. Oh well – I did take the opportunity to distribute some resumes at other stores in the mall.

And I have another interview on Tuesday, as well!

This tea was made in a timolino because that was an appropriate size to use up the whole sample from VariaTEA. It’s another “Forever Nuts” type tea, and I think the last one I have left to try/finish off other than Forever Nuts itself. But you know, taste wise this one (just like Tealish’s Toasty Almond or Toasted Almond, whichever it was) tastes identical to Forever Nuts which I guess means it was an enjoyable enough cup but I’m just going to keep defaulting back to Forever Nuts because it’s the most convenient to get a hold of.

__Morgana__

Congrats and good luck Tuesday!

TheTeaFairy

But you never never know, maybe you’re the first “non east indian” to apply and they will applaud your courage by hiring you, lol!
Also, good luck on Tuesday’s interview :-)