Grand Bazaar

Black Fruit Blend
Almonds, Black Tea, Figs, Natural Flavours, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Fjellrev

• “This tea smells SO wonderful in the bag! Rich, nutty and sweet. It smells that way when steeped too, but I’m finding the flavor comes through more fruity than I expected from the scent;...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 756 tasting notes
  • “I really do like this tea. So mellow and smooth. Today wasn’t a bad day at work really, just long. I tried to punch in at 6:45am but the system for telecommuters was down. It came up around...” Read full tasting note
    maddyb 373 tasting notes
  • “Yesterday evening was a double-edged sword because I was planning to go to the gym since I had an early shift and thus was coming home earlier, and as a side note, I feel disgusting because I...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1550 tasting notes

From American Tea Room

When you first smell Grand Bazaar, you are struck by the rich sweetness of it’s aroma. Like walking through its namesake in Istanbul, this tea is a decadent combination of a smooth Chinese black tea, dried dates and figs, planed almonds, sultana grapes, with just a hint of sesame and vanilla; all the delight of an exotic market. This tea is lighter for a black tea, due to the overflowing amount of actual dried fruit, but is a sweet and nutty delight to taste, and will transport you to a fragrant evening on the Bosphorus.

Ingredients: Black tea, Date pieces (rolled with rice flour), Sultanas, Almonds, Figs, Vanilla, Natural flavoring

Temperature: 200
Infusion Time: 4 – 5 mins
Caffeine Level: Medium
Origin: Blend

About American Tea Room View company

This tea smells SO wonderful in the bag! Rich, nutty and sweet. It smells that way when steeped too, but I’m finding the flavor comes through more fruity than I expected from the scent; almost a cherry apricot flavor. The almonds have a deeper baked smell, like in a pastry. I added some creamer and it changed the taste quite a bit. I get more of a fresh grass like the ending tang of wheat grass. Maybe I’ll try adding a little sugar and holding the cream on my next go at this tea. I’m enjoying it and intrigued by it, but I haven’t quite figured it out yet either.

I really do like this tea. So mellow and smooth. Today wasn’t a bad day at work really, just long. I tried to punch in at 6:45am but the system for telecommuters was down. It came up around 8:15. While I was waiting for it to come up I brewed a pot of this tea and knitted while sitting at the computer, staring at the blank screen. I worked until 6:30 (overtime sucks until you get the paycheck) and now am thinking of going to bed early. If work 10 hours tomorrow I can have my required 7 hours of overtime in by 1pm on Friday. Then a nice lazy weekend.

OMGsrsly

If the system is down do you still get paid from when you tried to start working? Or do your hours just get pushed back?

Maddy Barone

We get paid for the time the system is up. If we were in the office we would still get paid because there would be other things we could do like filing or going through manuals to mark sections that need updating. When we work from home we can’t do anything without the computer so we don’t get paid. Part of me is grumpy about that, but I suppose it’s fair, since I sat and knitted.

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Totally empathize with the OT sentiment. Working on what will be a 55 hour week myself. Hate the doing it but the check will be nice.

Maddy Barone

Holy moly, Nicole, and here I am whining about a mere 47 hours! Hugs. The paycheck should be nice.

OMGsrsly

Ugh that is so frustrating. :/ I can also kinda see their point, but it’s not like it’s your fault that their system isn’t working when it’s supposed to be.

Nicole, I wish you the best! That’s super tough.

Yesterday evening was a double-edged sword because I was planning to go to the gym since I had an early shift and thus was coming home earlier, and as a side note, I feel disgusting because I haven’t been going as often. Even on my days off last week, I spent them running around getting stuff done and consequently ran out of time. Anyway, a job I really want that I applied for in the past opened up again and the deadline is today, so I thought I’d reapply, plus fix up my resume since I got suggestions back from the government career site. That took a hell of a lot longer than anticipated, mostly due to stupid formatting issues. Why a double-edged sword? While I had to forgo my gym time yet again, at least spending two hours on job applications meant having the time to enjoy tea.

I opted for this because I wanted something warm and desserty. Those raisin nut notes are smooth and it’s great that the nutty notes aren’t oily or rancid like they sometimes can be in some teas. The base is also smooth, so overall, the flavour profile makes for a very-easy-to-drink mug that’s gone in no time.

teaqueen

Good luck on your job search!

Fjellrev