Orange Blossom Chamomile

Boiling 8 min or more

1 Tasting Note View all

From Amoda Tea

What’s in it?
German chamomile, mint, orange peels and blossoms, malva and lemongrass.

How we steep it?
The ingredients are big, so use a heaping teaspoon of this tea. Most herbs can be steeped in boiling water for about five minutes. Pretty easy stuff.

About Amoda Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Boredom is setting in now and I just don’t know what to do with myself.
Had to listen to that after I typed that first sentence. :)

I’m not up for anything thick or rich at the moment and thought a herbal tea blend would be great. So through my drawer I route and pull this one out. Not usually a fan of chamomile but love lemongrass and mint and orange so it could go either way. Still I have to try this at some point.

The raw blend consists of large ingredients for the most part with some finely chopped/dust looking herbal pieces too at the bottom.

It smells like sweet orange with a hint of mint. Very citrusy, waxy, sweet and delicious. Totally not what I was expecting but delighted by it.

Once steeped this tea is yellow in colour with fresh and very minty with a hint of lemongrass citrus.

Flavour is strong but smooth and the first flavours I can taste are mint and lemongrass. It has a little sweetness and floralness to it in the after taste. Not as much orange as I was hoping for, like the raw blends smell promised, but non the less it’s a pleasant drink. Very relaxing and calming.

I have another pots worth of this blend that I will save as my bedtime tea. I could do with the help sleeping this week.

Boiling 8 min or more