Island Coconut

Green Tea
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by bluebelle

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I have to warn everyone in advance that this review is a little biased--I can't help but compare this to GM's Coconut Pouchong. It feels like that natural coconut flavor is what the tea is trying...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 414 tasting notes

From Amoda Tea

The tropical taste of coconut and the ocean-like flavour of sencha meet in this tea. The body is enhanced by the coconut, which makes it deliciously creamy. It has a balanced acidity that makes your mouth water. The chinese sencha brings hints of seaweed and mineral notes. With such a lengthy coconut finish, you can really savour this one.

About Amoda Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I have to warn everyone in advance that this review is a little biased—I can’t help but compare this to GM’s Coconut Pouchong. It feels like that natural coconut flavor is what the tea is trying for, but it doesn’t quite make it there.

It’s a nice mellow green with some fresh coconut flavor up front, but the aftertaste falls flat for me; it’s like sugared, dry coconut you’d find on a cake or pie instead of the fresh stuff. The taste comes close to GM’s version, but in the end it’s no contest for me. I guess that’s a misleading statement because there’s nothing offensive about this at all and I’ll have no problem getting through it, but it’s definitely not a restock when it’s gone.

Flavors: Coconut