Spring Snail Shell

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LENA

• “I typically do not have an affinity for green tea. The problem lies not in the tea, but rather in my limited palate. A bad green tea tastes like nothing to me. Just warm water. A good green...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 257 tasting notes
  • “Does it count as backlogging if I’m copying something I wrote earlier? Part of the reason I write real, paper notes is so I don’t get stuck on steepster when I’m supposed to be...” Read full tasting note
    Hyrulehippie 34 tasting notes

From Andao

Origin: Fu Jian Province
Season: Spring 2008
Leaf Form: One bud, two leaves

Bi Luo Chun, one China’s ten famous teas, was originally harvested on Eastern Mountain in Dong Ting County, Jiangsu Province. This season we’re offering a variety cultivated in northern Fu Jian Province. This green tea’s hand crafted leaves made up of the first shoot and adjacent two leaves present high, aromatic nutty aromas and a well rounded sweet flavor. This is a good quality mid-grade Bi Luo Chun with a reasonable price.

Tasting Profile
Leaf: Long, curly down covered buds and dark green leaves
Infusion: Thick, bright yellow brew
Aroma: High, aromatic nutty fragrances
Taste: Sweet and smooth texture

About Andao View company

I typically do not have an affinity for green tea. The problem lies not in the tea, but rather in my limited palate. A bad green tea tastes like nothing to me. Just warm water. A good green tea, and I suspect that this is one of them, opens up a world of vegetation in my mouth.

“Spring Snail Shell” tastes like the smell of a really funky warm rainy day in Florida when the heat and water brings out the vegetable smell and the air smells like burgeoning fecundity. It tastes rather like lounging in deep meadows (much like a snail might do) and taking in the green, grassy, aroma that is part funk, part fresh with a dash of sweetness and clarity.

I did think of Andrew Marvell’s line: “A green thought in a green shade” from “The Garden” when I drank this. I suspect that green tea aficiandos would really like this tea. And, as I finish my cup here and now, I start to think that perhaps I should purchase some and maybe I should make certain to keep green tea on hand. It’s a nice change, and it makes me feel like a “back to nature” person which is pleasant because my inner essence is so very library and bedroom.

Edited to add:
Three days later, I have sent this Spring Snail on in the Travelling Tea Box. Yet somehow I long for it. I keep thinking maybe I could just have some spinach—but yet that isn’t it. Maybe I do want some more of the grassy, vegetable tastes? I simply will have to order some. I’ve got a Jones and his name is Mr. Spring Snail.

Snail… ?

Doulton

Yes, Andao: ORGANIC SPRING SNAIL SHELL

Cait

That is a very intriguing name! :)

~lauren.

I think it has to do with the shape of the tea leaves: “The grayish green, slightly tippy leaves are processed by hand and tightly rolled into spiral shapes, resembling tiny green snails.” http://www.svtea.com/prodinfo.asp?number=T0362%20%20%20%20%201&variation= ; e.g., like a chun mee tea (precious eyebrow tea) has that eyebrow shape to it’s leaves.

Cofftea

Yeah at 1st I thought it tasted like snail, then I read the tea’s description.

~lauren.

UGH, doesn’t bear thinking about if it tasted like snail LOL!

Doulton

Escargots can be quite good. At the bars in France they serve them in dishes like little peanuts. I no longer eat little sentient things, however, and I don’t believe any snails were destroyed in the making of this tea.

Snail matcha = fish soup? Yum

Does it count as backlogging if I’m copying something I wrote earlier? Part of the reason I write real, paper notes is so I don’t get stuck on steepster when I’m supposed to be doing student-y things. Also, sometimes I’m conducting mini tea tastings in class…>__

teafiend

School should never interfer with tea! Ever. I’ve totally have tea time in class, and instead of finishing my work, I’m jump on here asap. Anyways, this sounds absolutely delicious! I will most certainly aim to try this in the near future.

Hyrulehippie

I feel like school is lucky I have tea! I would never be able to even pretend to function without it. There should be no complaining on its part ;p

It’s late, so it makes sense to personify school. u__u