Organic Wu Yi Rou Gui

Origin: Wu Yi Mtn., Fu Jian Province
Season: Spring 2008
Leaf Form: Full leaves
Organic Cert: USDA, EU 2092/91

Jade Cassia, also known as Rou Gui in Chinese, takes its name from the Cassia tree, or what is more commonly referred to as ‘Chinese cinnamon’. It is said that the natural aromas of Jade Cassia closely resemble the spicy fragrance emitted from the bark of the Cassia tree. This tea presents a broad flavor palate combining high aromatic notes and a deep roasted body.

Tasting Profile
Leaf: Slightly curled, high roasted leaves
Infusion: Transparent, light amber infusion
Aroma: Delicate peach and smoked aromas
Taste: Honey smoked flavor and floral orange tones

About Andao View company

Well, the Traveling Tea Box certainly did its job for me. With this wonderful tea, I have now found a company that I never knew existed AND I will soon be placing an order with them. This oolong is classic. It’s soon to be a staple oolong. It smells delicious, tastes delicious…and it’s the first oolong I’ve tried in which the second steep is bake-y. A bake-y oolong! Oh yes. Ready the debit cards, folks.

The tea isn’t overly complex; it simply has a no frills, traditional oolong taste. And it’s great! Lightly roasted and smoky tasting, I just love it. No vegetal taste, just how I like it. I’m all giddy! I usually refrain from eating while drinking tea (other than the occasional cookie or sweet getting dunked in), but I would love to eat several traditional Chinese dishes with this tea in hand. It’s so good.

The sample from the TTB ended up just where it was meant to be.

~lauren.

Thanks to your post, I just discovered them too (at least their website)! Did you see their boxed biscuit set of pu-erhs? Oh, want! They have the most inexpensive lovely teaware, too! :)

__Morgana__

Oh no, just when I thought I’d ordered from every company on the planet I could possibly want to order from. Sigh. ;-)

~lauren.

It’s Steepster – somebody is always posting a scrumptiously delectable tasting note and then we can’t help but be intrigued!

I’ve seriously had my nose in my mug for a good ten minutes. Beautiful. It smells smoky-sweet and amazing. Huffing tea is much more entertaining than studying for a gigantic Japanese test I have tomorrow. >__

teafiend

I’ve worked at a Dunkin’ Donuts and never again will I eat one. I think I gained like 5 pounds in the first month, donuts and coffee with cream. This tea however, I am most certainly putting it on my “to buy” list.
I feel your testing pain, I just got my butt kicked in Greek.

takgoti

I have so many comments I want to make that have nil to do with the actual tea review.

1. I want to start a band called Huffing Tea.

2. The drinking bird reference makes me think of that episode of The Simpsons where Homer gets the bird to press the key on his keyboard while he’s “working from home.”

3. The donuts also made me think of The Simpsons.

4. I want a donut.

But the tea sounds really, really good. Adding to list.

takgoti

5. Hope your test went well!

Hyrulehippie

tears why’s everyone so nice to me!? Here I am, ignoring steepster, while there are so many happy comments on my last real review. crying I’ll be back to being active soon.

My test was just fine. I’m miffed, though, since I was one point away from an A. I think Japanese is the only class in which I’m an overachiever. o

I’m drinking this again today and, though I don’t have time for a full review, I still feel the same. More leaves was a good idea, but I’m not getting donuts so much anymore. It’s a more complex, baked goods type of smell that’s present in the taste a bit as well. I’m so surprised the sugary qualities.

Anyway, expect me back full-force very soon!

I got this one from the Traveling Tea Box. It was a good basic oolong. I’d say kindof bakey and kindof roasted. Not necessarily something I’d seek out in an oolong, but a good cuppa (or three resteeps :) ).

a decent rock tea. not exceptional but decent.