Thirsty Elf Elixir Blend

Black Teas
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “I'm having a serious case of holiday malaise over here. Hopefully this elixir will help cure it all. Although, since I suspect most of my issue is due to not sleeping well lately - a caffeine...” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1014 tasting notes
  • “I purchased this just after the sale that was announced in the forum. How could I resist free shipping and 20% off? I couldn't. The package arrived today - oh happiness! When I opened the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4303 tasting notes
  • “This blend has got me puzzled. My first cup was perfectly balanced, I drank the entire pot in just a few minutes. My next brewing yielded a bitter mess...down the drain it went:) My third brewing...” Read full tasting note
    threewhales 304 tasting notes
  • “GAME ON! Here we go Terri....first cup of the morning and I KNOW you're probably still sleeping. This is a sample sipdownfrom Kittenna who was awesome enough to bring it to me since she knows...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4653 tasting notes

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

Could the elves in your life be a little more jolly? Do you find their holiday revelry forced and uninspired? Are they more thirsty and irritable than usual? You may shrug off these warning signs as typical elf behavior. However, it’s quite possible your elves are suffering from any of a myriad of little-known, yet serious ailments known to interfere with joyous holiday merriment.

Thankfully, and just in time, we’ve unearthed the recipe for this forgotten cure-all. A proprietary, time-honored blend of five black teas, it’s guaranteed to quickly restore elf vigor, while also providing relief from sleigh lag, ice fever, carolaxis, pine mania, and general holiday malaise.

Try it yourself, and enjoy the many benefits of this rich, flavorful brew. While its miraculous healing properties have only been scientifically proven effective for elves, one sip will surely convince you of its suitability for humans as well. After all, isn’t there a little elf in all of us?

The Thirsty Elf Blend is a custom blend of black teas. Melt snow until boiling and add leaves. Strain after four minutes and serve piping hot.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

Though we’re closer to the next Christmas season than the one this tea was sold in I just recieved a sample from Pureleaf a bit ago and here’s what I found. The color is a deep red/brown.It’s flavor woody,specifically oak to me.As for it being a black it seems pretty mild and smooth.I could easily wake to this cup.It’s afterflavor is an exact duplicate of the drink,just toned down a bit.The wet leaf smell is leathery.Now that I said that I guess I detect that same characteristic in the flavor,just not on the surface.Overall not bad,but not one to brag on either.

Tune:Dave Mathews and Tim Reynolds-Eh Hee

Highly flavorful, almost savory black tea, guaranteed by the lovely folks of Andres & Dunham to “quickly restore ELF VIGOR.” I’m no elf but I think it lives up to its promise.

I enjoy this tea with a bit of milk and honey. Definitely a good way to start the work day if you’re dragging a little bit, or need a pick-me-up when it’s dreary outside.

I had to wake up earlier than I would have wanted on a Saturday for a picture, so when I got back, I needed this cuppa. I went for this tea because I remember it being a very smooth, bold breakfast-y tea. And memory served me right this time around! I don’t really get a lot of subtle different flavors with this tea as I might with some other black teas, but the bold, straightforwardness of it was really hitting the spot today. Unfortunately, it was more than a little astringent, but that was probably because I steeped too long or something. I was a little distracted when making this one. Anyhow, a redeeming start to the day!

Thanks to CHAroma for sending this to me in a swap!! I have wanted to try this one forever, but figured I wouldn’t be able to because it was limited edition over a year ago.

The tea smells quite mild and sweet. I was anticipating a bold, kick you in the butt, kind of holiday blend.

The brewed tea is a little but more than slightly sweet. It is very smooth, a little bit of malt. I have to admit, I am actually getting a little bit of chocolate taste. There is a little bit of vegetalness to the tea. More like a really dark oolong, without the roastyness. There is a slight metallic twinge to the tea which is actually pleasant.

I am finding this tea to be a little light. I thought it would be a lot more bold than it is. I will try using more tea next time. This tea is more than a year old, so even though it is in good condition, I have to take that into account.

I saying all the above, it is still a very delicious tea. Just not what I expected. Andrews and Dunham have never done me wrong :)

Anna

Vintage tea! How awesome that you got to try it. =)

This is a fine malty blend and a strong tea. This is a tea that would give any holiday elf a little extra lift this busy time of year. It is too strong for me if prepared as directed. I brewed for 4 min at 160 and it has less bite from the Assam.