Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

The middleweight dynamo, The English Wonder of West Midlands, has yet to be defeated in a morning bout. While it is known that he prefers to maintain a strict diet of milk and raw honey for up to three days before each contest, it may also be of interest to know that he has startled all manner of audience with his feats of manly engagement. Only last week he delighted onlookers in Wollaston and Great Wyrley with his repeated submersing of both fists in boiling hot water, emerging entirely unscathed and without remark.

Andrews & Dunham insist that you soak an ample quantity of these black tea leaves from China in boiling water for no fewer than four minutes. Repeating this effort will result in further satisfaction.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

The tea brews up garnet red. The smell is mild charcoal, leather and pine. Sometimes I get a saline mineral taste like sea air, other times it tastes earthy and vegetal like peat or hay. Moderate astringency and a little bitterness.

I can always count on A&D for spectacular tea…and this is no exception. Smooth, bold but not too bold, naturally sweet, with a little cocoa/caramel taste, it’s just a superb keemun all the way around. Perfect for waking up this morning.

I sooooo wish I could taste this tea!!! :P

The dry leaves provide an aroma of freshly dried leaves in Autumn, wheat toast and hints at hay. Once brewed the aroma sweetens and a more chocolatey vibrant scent seems to emerge. This tea brews a vibrant caramel liquor.

Jackee Muntz seems to bite a little. There’s certainly an astringent kick in this tea’s taste. A bit of toasted bread with fired notes and a panopoly of lesser notes including a honeyed edge in the finish which is very nice.

Jackee is really smokin’ today! I’ve not been a fan of a lot of smokey teas before, but the smoke here is not overpowering—and I’ve upgraded my rating!

It has a strong, odd smell and brews up very dark, almost coffee-level black. The taste is strong with multiple notes of cocoa, malt, and leather. It’s not really one of my favorites (I never really like teas that have a fragrance or taste of leather), but I can see that it is a good quality tea.

Hey! You’re alive! I was beginning to wonder if we should send out a search party. I hope the trip went well!

Pity you’re not liking this tea more. I’ve been brewing it a little short of 4 minutes lately – somewhere around 3:30, 3:45. Maybe that would help? It does have a rather distinct aroma, though.

Trip was fantastic. If you ever have a chance to go to the Chicago Institute of Art, you should seize the chance.

I will likely try it again. I usually try a tea twice to make sure it isn’t just my own weird mood. I’ll take your suggestion and reduce the brew time.

Second steeping. This thing steeps a second time better than almost any tea I’ve ever had!

YUUMM… It’s been ages since I have had a smokey tea, and oh how I’ve missed it. After a raging migraine for the last 2.5 days caffiene has become a necessity. Firstly is the beautiful smokey taste that reminds me of the smoked turkeys on Thanksgiving (yum), next is the subtle smell of smoldering pine needles, then a very small pop of something that tastes like caramel, and finally the delicious smoke lingering on the back of the throat. I guess I should visit poor Jackee more often.