Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

• “Sipdown! (181) Since i'll be away from my cupboard for a few days and don't feel like going through the hassle of packing up a tea basket and such since i'm only bringing a small suitcase, i'm...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4034 tasting notes
  • “I get my vanilla from Penzey's, & when you get to the bottom of the vanilla bottle, there is harp of a vanilla bean in there. The main thing I used vanilla for is almond flour pancakes, so I...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2483 tasting notes
  • “I'm drinking this today basically because cats are jerks. Mine woke me up 5 times this morning by meowing in the hallway. Every time I came out she ran into our room for purrs and cuddles, and then...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1393 tasting notes
  • “OMG! I am completely in love with this tea! Yes ... yes ... yes! (Imagine Meg Ryan in probably her most popular scene ever there) As I am sitting here slurping on this tea, I tried to think...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

By now, it should be abundantly clear that we’re suckers for a nice Assam tea. And why not? Thomas has done nothing but impress, and the Captain still draws us in with his lengthy yarns. (Where’s he been lately, anyway?)

We are delighted to offer you this Tiger, our latest Assam tea. It’s resilient yet refined, gentle yet ass-kicking, crouching yet leaping. Prepare it any way you like and it’ll taste great. Forget it on the counter? Brew it a little hastily in a travel mug? It’ll still taste great. Tigers are like that. They don’t get discouraged. They don’t have off days. They deliver 100% tiger, at all times.

Tigers don’t tolerate weak tea, nor should you.

We like to brew this black tea from Assam for four minutes in boiling water. It’s great first thing in the morning. Or after breakfast, maybe with a little milk and a friendly chat. Over brew it a bit and mix in some ice after lunch. Think about trying another beverage with dinner, tigers need their sleep after all.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

This is a big, bold Assam that doesn’t waste time trying to be subtle – very tiger-like. It has that characteristic malt flavour that leaves an aftertaste on my tongue that makes me think of burnt sugar. It’s a bit on the astringent for me to be really wild about this one and oddly enough it doesn’t seem to go well with milk, which is unusual for this type of tea.

I’ve tried other Assams that I liked more, if I’m honest. I might be alone in my opinion given other people’s ratings, but I’d consider this to be a good, but not fantastic tea.

Smooth, hefty assam that is not very malty. Maintains nice flavor with milk and sugar, but not so bold that it needs those things to take the edge off. Not super complex, but smooth and refined. Good wake up tea!

I bought the 3 tin pack of this, Mount gray and Double Knit, and at first I was worried it seems like a lot of tea… But I’ve slowly been going through it and am actually almost out of this one. I’ve found it to be a good tea to brew in the morning and carry along iced for throughout the day. It’s pretty strong but has nice flavor and is a nice pick me up in the afternoon. I have been having it everyday and I think it’s really grown on me.

Last night, the hubs and I went out for curry at a Thai restaurant we frequent. I had some of my veggie Massaman curry left over, so I brought it home and am having it for lunch today, along with this tea.

I had thought about chai with my curry, but decided I needed a plain tea that wouldn’t compete with the spices in the curry. Frothed some splenda and almond-coconut milk while the Assam brewed, and then combined for a nice malty latte. Perfect with my lunch.

This is good. Really good. Makes a smooth, bold cuppa. I usually don’t drink black tea’s without adding a splash of milk, but this one I like without adding anything.

The fellas at Andrews & Dunham seemed so damn sure of their product at the 2013 NY Coffee & Tea Festival that I felt compelled to purchase a canister of their Tiger Assam. When I brew a pot at home, this sassy cuppa can’t be contained to a single serving. Bold as the stripes of its namesake, it’s the “Kick-Ass” in “Assam”. Enjoy it straight, without creamer or sweetener. The only thing that would enhance its awesomeness is if you play “Eye of the Tiger” while you’re steeping it.

I received this tea as part of the Steepsteristas’ Yarn and Tea Swap! So pumped to try this tea – I was on the verge of doing an order, but since A&D didn’t take paypal, plus the large tin sizes, it was enough for me to back off for now.

This is pure malty goodness. First sip was, “now that’s a black tea!” Very bold, smooth yet sharp. Malty, little raisin notes with a brisk finish. Slight creamyness too. Small amount of dryness at the end.

Yum! Now I need to sample more of A&Ds teas, or just cave in with an order!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

i can send you samples of the ones i have if you want…though i won’t be able to do anything until the first weekend in may

Shameless plea for pity and attention:

My wife has been sick all week. This morning I got up with a pounding head, hurting ears, and I’m dizzy. Thought getting something in my system might help. Downed a glass of milk. Not a good idea. So now my stomach is rumbling. Drank grape juice for the vitamin C but realized my taster is on the fritz. So I brewed a cup of this. Even if it has only half the flavor it would on any other day, it is still good and comforting. I’m supposed to play at church in the morning. They may just be on their own.

Stay well my friends.

K S

Well poo. I just realized I had never reviewed this one before. Looks like I should have looked before I brewed.

oh no! i hope you feel better soon!

caile

I hope you feel better soon. Best to stay home and rest if you can.

boychik

If you have a chance to get tested for flu , tamiflu really helps but you should start taking it like 24 hrs you got symptoms. My daughter just got better after almost 2 wks of flu. All the rest of us were on tamiflu
Hope you feel better soon

Cheri

I second the flu test recommendation and Tamiflu. When I had H1N1, they have it to me because I’m asthmatic. I Was sick for only a few days.

Lala

Hope you feel better soon!

Suziqzer

Hope you feel better soon & can make church in the morning… I understand that frustration since I sing on occasion.

keychange

Oh no! lots of rest and liquid for you!

Kaylee

Aww, feel better! Both of you!

K S

Thanks all. My stomach has calmed down. As you can tell I become a big baby when I get a cold – which is not often.