Bergamot, Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

Welcome to Mount Gray!
Long a cherished landmark, Mount Gray is truly monumental. Since its discovery in the early 19th century, generations of adventure-seekers have been drawn to the dense woods which blanket its gentle slopes. Breathtaking heights abound with lush, fragrant vegetation, and scenic trails offer surprises for even the most frequent visitors. Mount Gray was formed by a geological process involving black tea from Asia and citrus oil from southern Europe, a remarkable combination which continues to delight visitors of all ages.

Planning Your Visit

Visitors are welcome year-round, but will find Mount Gray most crowded during the dreary winter months and on rainy afternoons. We recommend you pack plenty of boiling water, mugs, and spoons.

Regulations in Brief

Milk, sugar, honey, and lemons are all permitted. Steeping is allowed without a permit, but should be restricted to 4 minutes.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

Whoa. This is STRONG. I made it for iced tea.. so even slightly more diluted than normal it was almost too strong. There’s so much of it too so I’ll be drinking this for a while. This is my first tin of tea from Damn Fine Tea, it came with a cute magnet and all… wonder if all the teas are so strong. Smells great dry and brewed.

So I have not found an equal to Andrews & Dunham’s last earl gray. And it was a limited edition.

Needless to say my life has been an empty pit of despair since series 3 sold out. Fortunately, A&D came out with Mount Gray and I jumped on it like a drowning man to a lifeboat. Or clambered up the side, weak, wet and cold from my ordeal, whatever.

I can’t compare it to their last Earl Gray, since I used the last of it quite some time ago. But it’s front loaded with a strong hit of Bergamot, yet not the flowery bergamot. Underneath it’s smooth and satisfying.
It holds up to second steeping, retaining it’s mellow characteristics with a subtler bergamot taste.
All in all, this tea is like spinning around and around with my arms outstretched on a hill with the Swiss alps in the backdrop. And maybe a spot of Metallica playing in the background. Hey, I gotta keep some sort of dignity.

Wow I have been terrible about logging teas lately. I blame my adorable puppy. What can I say I’m a sucker for sad puppy eyes and cute fluffy faces <3
Been in a bit of a funk today. Work was very slow all week :( booooo. Sure hope my clientele picks up next week.
To pull me out of this bad mood I thought I would try one of my new teas today. As soon as I opened this one up I knew I chose correctly!! The bergamot oil smells amazing! Calms my head instantly. Thats exactly what I have been needing lately, something to pull me into another land, an escape from my thoughts.
Steeped it smells a bit more earthy, reminds me of being in my parents flower garden as a kid.
Mmmmm this is the perfect tea for me today.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I received this sample a while ago from yssah – Love is Tea (LIT). I wanted to give this a try before purchasing a large tin. I am a huge fan of Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea. I have almost all of the tins, save 3 of them.

Anyway on to Mount Gray. I LOVE Earl Grey teas. This one is definitely in my top 5 now. The bergamot isn’t very strong or overpowering, which some Earl Greys tend to be. This is well blended. The tea itself brews rather dark and strong even below 3 minutes. It has a slight astringency to it. The base is warm and toasty but strong enough to counteract the bergamot. Good blend. It is different than the others I have tried.

It’s been a while since I’ve had any activity around here, but I logged in today specifically to rate this tea. Because I like it. It is good. I happen to think it’s very good.

I think I expected it to taste like A&D’s last Earl Gray. I was fine with that, as the previous one was good. This one is better. As others have already noted, there’s no skimping on the bergamot here. This is unsurprising if one knows Mssrs. Andrews and Dunham. Actually, I don’t know them, but I buy all of their teas. It seems to me that they like strong black teas. I have no quarrel with this.

So yes, healthy infusion of bergamot here, but there’s something slightly different about it here. Good different. I haven’t yet decided what I think that is, but I don’t immediately associate it with any other particular Earl Gray that I’ve previously enjoyed. I account this a good thing because it tastes great. I agree with Jen that it seems like there’s some sort of blend in the base tea. Regardless, it’s delicious.

Fortunately this is not a limited edition. While I enjoy getting a numbered, limited edition tin as much as the next guy, I don’t feel like I have to sprint through this tin to justify ordering a second before they run out…and there will definitely be another tin of this in my future.

Thanks Sil for sending me this. It’s blergamont, but must try anything that generously sent my way.
In all honesty this is the best EGish tea that I’ve had. I’m not saying that I like it, but this is the least offensive so far. I think the black base is nice and the blerg isn’t too in your face. For the sake of full disclosure I did add some sweet and quite a bit of milk hoping to mellow it out. Either that worked or this is milder than most.

There are tons of EGs in my box from LiberTEAS, thanks to our shared love of them I assume. I’m excited to try them all! So far I haven’t been disappointed. This is one I specifically asked for because I was curious about the company (I was drawn in by the great packaging, I admit—I’m a sucker for design).

This is a very solid EG offering. The bergamot is all fruit and no perfume, and the base is assertive but without a trace of bitterness. It’s actually much milder than I expected from the name, but not meek in any way. It’s not my favorite plain EG that I’ve had, but I wouldn’t mind having it in my cabinet.

EvaGrimm

Nice! I’m currently on a search for more EG’s to try so I’ll be keeping an eye on your tasting notes.

bluebelle

I hope I can help you find some you like!

This tea found mevia my son-in-law this past Mothers Day. It is indeed damn fine and at the pinnacle of my favorite black tea list. Fragrant yes but also a delicious full bodied black w no bitterness. Just lovely. :P

Boiling