Bergamot, Black Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Available from 1 seller.

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

Welcome to Mount Gray!
Long a cherished landmark, Mount Gray is truly monumental. Since its discovery in the early 19th century, generations of adventure-seekers have been drawn to the dense woods which blanket its gentle slopes. Breathtaking heights abound with lush, fragrant vegetation, and scenic trails offer surprises for even the most frequent visitors. Mount Gray was formed by a geological process involving black tea from Asia and citrus oil from southern Europe, a remarkable combination which continues to delight visitors of all ages.

Planning Your Visit

Visitors are welcome year-round, but will find Mount Gray most crowded during the dreary winter months and on rainy afternoons. We recommend you pack plenty of boiling water, mugs, and spoons.

Regulations in Brief

Milk, sugar, honey, and lemons are all permitted. Steeping is allowed without a permit, but should be restricted to 4 minutes.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

This is a pretty OK Earl, although I think I like the EG Cream varieties a bit more. I was a little apprehensive about it since it smelled SO STRONG in the sample bag I had. I had to double bag it. But after the steep it’s just a pretty normal strength. Nice, a bit astringent. I don’t know if it will go on the must have list but I have no issue finishing off the several cups worth of leaf that I have.

Let’s see, the hot tea is starting to make me…hot. So I looked around for a good way to brew up some cold tea, and found some size 4 Tsacs on Ebay cheap. I got 100 of those suckers for $5, shipped. I asked my daughter to pick one of the teas we have a lot of (we have a bunch of 1/4 lb teas from Darlene’s off of Ebay) and she picked Apple Pie. So that will be our first experiment later today.

My mom is coming in tomorrow, which is always sort of a mixed blessing thing. I am really happy to see my mom, but she tends to look around for the ONE thing I haven’t done instead of the million I have done. You know? Like I can make 6 figures a year, own a company, raise two great kids, have a happy marriage, and she still will complain that I need to do X. Whatever. Looking forward to it. Kinda.

Stephanie

I got a sample of this one in the mail yesterday from boychik but I haven’t tried it yet. Have fun experimenting with cold brew!

And good luck with your Mom…

boychik

i feel your pain. my mom is the same way, but i think she is learning…my biggest fear not to turn out same way. i think im being too critical of my kids

carol who

My mom does the same thing and I’m 62!

Man, this is an intense one. I used to hate Earl Gray because to me, it usually tastes very soapy from the sharpness of the bergamot. However, once I learned to just put a dash of milk or almond milk in it, I am a huge fan. This one is perfect for that as it is very strong. I have a sample and can smell it perfectly through the bag. As this tea is a staple for many, I would highly recommend this brand.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I am enjoying this one this morning. This is a quite old sample and I think TerriHarpLady sent me this one. Thanks Terri !

I am an Earl Grey Lover, you know, I’ suprised I didn’t taste this one before.
This is perfectly balanced maybe too much for me. Tea base and bergamot are on the same line. This is pleasant but surely not my favourite EG. It has a lack of some bergamoty touch, maybe the peel ? not sure but something is missing for sure to be a real EG on my opinion.

Thanks Sil for sending me this. It’s blergamont, but must try anything that generously sent my way.
In all honesty this is the best EGish tea that I’ve had. I’m not saying that I like it, but this is the least offensive so far. I think the black base is nice and the blerg isn’t too in your face. For the sake of full disclosure I did add some sweet and quite a bit of milk hoping to mellow it out. Either that worked or this is milder than most.

There are tons of EGs in my box from LiberTEAS, thanks to our shared love of them I assume. I’m excited to try them all! So far I haven’t been disappointed. This is one I specifically asked for because I was curious about the company (I was drawn in by the great packaging, I admit—I’m a sucker for design).

This is a very solid EG offering. The bergamot is all fruit and no perfume, and the base is assertive but without a trace of bitterness. It’s actually much milder than I expected from the name, but not meek in any way. It’s not my favorite plain EG that I’ve had, but I wouldn’t mind having it in my cabinet.

EveGrimm

Nice! I’m currently on a search for more EG’s to try so I’ll be keeping an eye on your tasting notes.

bluebelle

I hope I can help you find some you like!

This tea found mevia my son-in-law this past Mothers Day. It is indeed damn fine and at the pinnacle of my favorite black tea list. Fragrant yes but also a delicious full bodied black w no bitterness. Just lovely. :P

Boiling