Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Per *Alicia's* suggestion and an enjoyable one at the B&N yesterday, I decided to try to make a London Fog with A&D's Earl Grey tonight after a yummy dinner of Indian food. I knew it was late but...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “This Earl Grey is delightful. The more I drink it the more I am liking it. I still maintain that I prefer Lupicia's Earl Grey... but, it certainly is NOT the worst I've ever had either. I find...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4322 tasting notes
  • “In yesterday's mail, a card full of tea arrived from wonderful wombatgirl! Inside the card was written in large black letters Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. I of course got the HUGEST kick out of...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “So, I finally got the Zarafina I ordered some time last century. (Or maybe the beginning of the month, I forget which.) It was very, very used. To the point where I was worried it would still...” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes

From Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea

Many have worn the crown but few have carried the freak flag of rock to such fantastic heights as Earl Grey. In spite of a seemingly endless procession of heirs and imitators, the Earl’s star shines as brightly today as it did on first rising in the early 1970s. Listeners who might have been baffled by his colorful affectations were instead delighted by the seductive, mysterious character of his songs. Surely his childhood exposure to folk music on a remote Mediterranean island contributed to his fresh sound, as did his travels in India, but his perfect blend of style, creativity and irresistible guitar hooks always seemed like the product of other-worldly origins. Wherever Earl Grey came from, he’s ours now and this true classic continues to surprise and delight us.

Earl Grey is a black tea scented with the oil of bergamot. Steep in boiling water for five minutes and enjoy in whatever manner you please.

About Andrews & Dunham Damn Fine Tea View company

Andrews & Dunham knows that nothing beats a perfect cup of tea, and a great tea needs no explanation. We love the romance of tea. We love that tea might just be the healthiest thing you’ll ever drink. But if the tea you’re drinking doesn’t taste fantastic, you’re missing out. Only a few teas meet our mysterious, rigorous standards and we’re proud to offer them to you. We’re always looking for that perfect cup, so you don’t have to.

I tried some of this yesterday to help get me out the door.

It’s a very solid Earl Grey, I think. The Bergamot is very nice and boldly citrusy though it left me with a bit of an aftertaste I couldn’t put my finger on. I quite enjoyed this with a tiny splash of milk.

Stupid tea.

I hadn’t really been very particular about earl grey until I tried this one. Now I seem to be on a mission to find a similar non-limited release grey.
This earl doesn’t hide the tea under the Bergamot flavor, and it’s not a citrus extravaganza, which for some reason I can only really enjoy on hot summer days (don’t ask why, I don’t know either).
For me I can get 2.5 steeps out of it, with the last .5 being drinkable depending on the alignment of the stars and some variation of the previous steeps that I’ve been unable to work out. It’s my relaxing mid-morning to early afternoon pick me-up and I’m going to be seriously miffed if I can’t find a replacement before A&D runs out.

The dry aroma is bergamot-central, and mixes enticingly with the black tea when steeped. Sips when the brew is extremely hot are not as rewarding, as the flavors seem to blossom when the tea cools slightly. If anything, the bergamot outshines the tea, and I crave a bit more “tea” flavor, although overall this mix is well balanced. Like most of the A&D teas, the linger is very pleasant, with no bitterness or harshness in the finish – as long as it isn’t allowed to cool too much. I don’t remove the tea while drinking, and while that can be dangerous with some, this is a tea that can handle over-soaking. Not too delicate, not too harsh – I’m a big fan of this one.

This is a smooth and ultra-bergamoty earl grey. A damn fine morning tea. One of those teas where it doesn’t matter how sleepy you are when measuring and brewing, because it is near impossible to screw up. Too much tea? No problem, it’ll wake you up quicker than a pot of coffee. Too little? Don’t worry, the bergamot is strong enough to cover it up.

Quite a good brew! I didn’t steep it for as long as they said to, but it was pleasant and light after about 3 minutes and I liked it quite a bit.

Not too flowery, the bergamot is well balanced, and is definitely the finest Earl Grey I’ve had in a very long time.

Very very interesting. I’ve never had an Earl Grey that was sweet.

The tea brews up a dark amber color. The smell of the tea is strong bergamot and honey (and maybe black pepper?). The taste is much more subdued than the aroma. A gentle citrusy sweetness with a touch of bitterness and very little astringency.

I love a good Earl Grey, and this is one of the best I’ve ever had. Smooth citrus accent that didn’t overpower, and the aroma!