Sumatra Barisan

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Ann Arbor TeaHaus

This delicate, high quality Oolong from Indonesia is comparable to the best Green Oolongs from Taiwan. Skilled processing and high-altitude cultivation delivers a fragrantly floral, jade-green color. The taste is a mild grassiness that gives way to lush, buttery floral and vanilla notes sure to make a lasting impression on your palate.

Preparation: 3 g tea leaves (1 heaping teaspoons) per 8oz cup of filtered water, boiled and cooled to 90°C/194°F. Allow to brew 2 min.

About Ann Arbor TeaHaus View company

Another from the Travelling Tea Box! I think I prepared this one with water that was a bit too hot, but that’s okay. It was still what you’d expect from an oolong. I did a 30 second rinse and then a 3 minute steep.

Steep 1: 3 minutes. Much smoother, and a bit of the vanilla and floral notes I was hoping for from the description!

whoops! That last one was Steep 2.

Steep 3: 3 minutes. This tea continues to be smooth, and better than I expected, really. What a fun surprise on a cloudy afternoon!

Steep4: 3 minutes. And smoother. I think I’m picking up the vanilla still. It’s not vegetal or floral at all at this point.

Another TTB Tea!

These tight and snug leaves are a vibrant green and slowly unwind. The smell as it infuses is that of a buttered vegetable…Brussel-Sprouts, maybe?

I’m thinking this one would be good for multiple infusions based on the leaves…but…who knows unless we try, right!?

This has a somewhat powerful buttery-peppery-nutty-veggie taste to it. Oddly enough…it seems to have a thirst quenching quality to it as well and the aftertaste is somewhat sweet and almost juicy.

Thumbs Up-ski…

A a lovely light oolong with a crisp aftertaste. Probably a bit overpriced, though.