Organic Pineapple Passion Green Tea

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I am not always such a huge fan of green teas but I am coming to like them a bit more as time goes by. I thought I would give this one a shot as I also like tropical fruit. I don't know what kind...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2163 tasting notes
  • “Before steeping, the leaves smell perfectly tropical with a hint of green tea mustiness. The aroma is sweet. The flavor is actually milder than I expected but in a very nice way. Every once in a...” Read full tasting note
    smurfinconverse 63 tasting notes
  • “Just got my tea sampler set from Arbor Teas and this was the first tea I tried. The tea leaves have a wonderful potpourri like aroma of pineapple and tropical fruit and when brewed the flavor of...” Read full tasting note
    luckyme 12 tasting notes

From Arbor Teas

This organic, Fair Trade Certified tea combines a prominent pineapple flavor with sweet passionfruit for a fantastic tropical treat! The straw yellow infusion has a very mellow tea flavor with light body and astringency, letting the tropical fruit flavors take center stage. Like all of our tea blends, our Pineapple Passion Green Tea uses only the highest quality teas, essential oils and botanical ingredients, insuring an excellent cup every time!

Sustainability is a cornerstone of Arbor Teas’ business philosophy. In addition to offering an exclusively organic selection of teas, they recently became the first tea company to offer their whole catalog in 100% backyard compostable packaging. They’ve also carbon-offset the entire supply chain of their products, from origin to the customer, making Arbor Teas the greenest option for Earth-conscious tea drinkers, and one of few tea companies recognized by Green America.

About Arbor Teas View company

We’re tea enthusiasts with a lot of passion. Passion for top quality tea, the environment, fair trade, and our community. We started Arbor Teas in Ann Arbor, Michigan, intent on creating a tea company as passionate as we are. Our passion is reflected in every aspect of Arbor Teas. You’ll certainly notice it in the exceptional collection of teas we offer - one of the largest catalogs of USDA certified organic teas around, nearly three-quarters of which are Fair Trade Certified®.

I am not always such a huge fan of green teas but I am coming to like them a bit more as time goes by. I thought I would give this one a shot as I also like tropical fruit. I don’t know what kind of green tea is used here as the base but I am guessing dragonwell from the photo.

Steeped for about 2 minutes in 180 F water (I am guessing) and this is VERY fruity! Smells strongly of pineapple and a bit of passionfruit. I am curious as to what the blue flowers are here in this blend. It tastes predominately of pineapple and not too much of green tea. I was worried I would hate this after my Teavana Pineapple Kona Pop experience but I am actually kind of liking this.

I did manage to steep it a second time and there is definitely less pineapple and more tea but it is still quite tasty. I would definitely consider buying this again, especially for the summer. If you like tropical fruit you might want to give this one a shot.

Amariel

I think the blue flowers are cornflower? Not 100% sure.

TeaBrat

you might be right!

Before steeping, the leaves smell perfectly tropical with a hint of green tea mustiness. The aroma is sweet. The flavor is actually milder than I expected but in a very nice way. Every once in a while, a sip would leave a streak of fruity yumminess that would linger on my tongue for a while. I’m not sure if that came from the pineapple or the blue malva flowers but whatever it came from, it was extremely pleasant.

Just got my tea sampler set from Arbor Teas and this was the first tea I tried. The tea leaves have a wonderful potpourri like aroma of pineapple and tropical fruit and when brewed the flavor of the tea is true to its scent. Pineapplely and tropical with a hint of bubblegum flavor. Although it’s a tad fruitier than I prefer, it’s not overly so like Teavana teas tend to be. Second infusion was equally good. Next time I would brew it with regular green tea to tone down the fruitiness. A very nice tea overall.