Organic Pu-Erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Arbor Teas

This organic Pu-Erh Tea offers the best of both worlds – classic pu-erh flavor and aroma at an affordable price! The larger-sized tea leaves render a dark red-brown infusion with moderate body. A great everyday pu-erh, and perfect for those just being introduced to pu-erh teas!

Sustainability is a cornerstone of Arbor Teas’ business philosophy. In addition to offering an exclusively organic selection of teas, they recently became the first tea company to offer their whole catalog in 100% backyard compostable packaging. They’ve also carbon-offset the entire supply chain of their products, from origin to the customer, making Arbor Teas the greenest option for Earth-conscious tea drinkers, and one of few tea companies recognized by Green America.

About Arbor Teas View company

We’re tea enthusiasts with a lot of passion. Passion for top quality tea, the environment, fair trade, and our community. We started Arbor Teas in Ann Arbor, Michigan, intent on creating a tea company as passionate as we are. Our passion is reflected in every aspect of Arbor Teas. You’ll certainly notice it in the exceptional collection of teas we offer - one of the largest catalogs of USDA certified organic teas around, nearly three-quarters of which are Fair Trade Certified®.

My first Pu-Erh… apparently this is the month of trying new things. Once again I had no idea what to expect.

The leaves have a nice, earthy smell. I was a little wary at first, as I’ve heard the scent of some Pu-Erhs described in… less than pleasant terms. It seems to be brewing somewhat dark, but I rarely use a white or clear cup. Perhaps I should change that…

The taste is very smooth and mellow. For some reason the word ‘silky’ comes to mind. It’s a bit smoky, which is usually a turn-off for me, but it’s a different kind of smoky than I’m used to. The smoky teas that I don’t care for usually remind me of bacon or BBQ… whereas this one, if anything, reminds me of burning sage. (What can I say? This hippie vegetarian prefers the latter.)

I’ve got a few more Pu-Erh samples from Arbor Teas, and I’m looking forward to trying those as well.

wombatgirl

You know, I’m thinking of doing the same thing (switching to a white or clear cup) – the color range of these teas is just amazing, and loosing it in colored mugs seems like a shame. Or maybe a white or clear teapot.

cody

I’ve actually been looking everywhere for one I like for a few weeks now, but I just can’t find anything that’s my style. I’ve been using a ceramic bowl/cup without a handle, and the strainer from my teapot fits perfectly inside it. Only problem is that it’s dark brown…