Organic Sencha Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Arbor Teas

Sencha is the quintessential Japanese green tea. Special blending and firing techniques are used to produce this tea, resulting in a rich vegetal flavor and aroma reminding of dark greens such as kale, with moderate bitterness and a slight nutty quality. As is customary with most Japanese teas, this organic Sencha exhibits mixed grading, consisting of both small and larger leaf particles. This gives the Sencha a fuller body than many other green teas. Unlike many “Japanese” green teas available in the United States, this organic Sencha is actually grown in Japan.

Sustainability is a cornerstone of Arbor Teas’ business philosophy. In addition to offering an exclusively organic selection of teas, they recently became the first tea company to offer their whole catalog in 100% backyard compostable packaging. They’ve also carbon-offset the entire supply chain of their products, from origin to the customer, making Arbor Teas the greenest option for Earth-conscious tea drinkers, and one of few tea companies recognized by Green America.

About Arbor Teas View company

We’re tea enthusiasts with a lot of passion. Passion for top quality tea, the environment, fair trade, and our community. We started Arbor Teas in Ann Arbor, Michigan, intent on creating a tea company as passionate as we are. Our passion is reflected in every aspect of Arbor Teas. You’ll certainly notice it in the exceptional collection of teas we offer - one of the largest catalogs of USDA certified organic teas around, nearly three-quarters of which are Fair Trade Certified®.

I’m slowly coming to the end of my Arbor tea samples overall this is a pretty good tea – very nutty, vegetal, and rich smelling, I’m getting some nice seaweed type flavors. This definitely lingers in the mouth for a while. The flavor is quite good but I am getting the slight bitterness with the finish so I don’t know if I will be ordering this again, although I did enjoy it. I am a bit biased because senchas have been known to give me heartburn. I only steeped it for 60 seconds so I do not think the problem was oversteeping or water temp. I am a bit ambivalent. I definitely prefer the gyokuro but this one has a lot of flavor, sencha fans should try it!

This sencha is incredible for the price. Has the normal vegetal, savory notes of any good sencha, and little-to-no astringency if brewed properly. It has that delicious deep aftertaste you can only get with a great sencha. Overall, it leaves me feeling fantastic – a good theanine to caffeine ratio in this one for sure.

Sweet aroma, and a grassy flavor like most Sencha and Gyokuro teas. It has a nice green color. I think I might have steeped it for too long. I’ll have to try it again next time with maybe only 1-2 minutes.

Perfectly rounded green. Sweet grassy vegetables. Low astringency, nice after taste (and feel).

Great – may be my new favorite green tea.