Organic Ti Kuan Yin Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Arbor Teas

Ti Kuan Yin is the most famous of all oolongs. Our organic Ti Kuan Yin Oolong is grown in the southern reaches of China’s Fujian Province. The tightly-rolled dark green leaves yield a pale golden, smooth-bodied infusion with a complex aroma having accents of sweet flowers, rich greens and forest floor. The taste of the thick, nectar-like liquor is lightly vegetal, with pronounced floral qualities and a rich butteriness. The characteristic “oolong glow” is quite prominent.

According to legend, its name came from a Qing Dynasty Emperor who became very ill, and no remedy could cure him. One day an advisor to the court (from Fujian) shared some of his homegrown oolong tea with the Emperor, who was miraculously cured. Upon his recovery, the Emperor named this tea “Ti Kuan Yin,” which translates to “Iron Goddess Of Mercy”. The Emperor declared that the tightly rolled and well-baked tea leaves resembled iron and had the healing powers of the Buddhist Goddess Of Mercy (Kuan Yin). Like other fine oolong teas, our Ti Kuan Yin Oolong may be infused a number of times, with each infusion revealing a new nuance of this tea’s complex flavor.

Sustainability is a cornerstone of Arbor Teas’ business philosophy. In addition to offering an exclusively organic selection of teas, they recently became the first tea company to offer their whole catalog in 100% backyard compostable packaging. They’ve also carbon-offset the entire supply chain of their products, from origin to the customer, making Arbor Teas the greenest option for Earth-conscious tea drinkers, and one of few tea companies recognized by Green America.

About Arbor Teas View company

We’re tea enthusiasts with a lot of passion. Passion for top quality tea, the environment, fair trade, and our community. We started Arbor Teas in Ann Arbor, Michigan, intent on creating a tea company as passionate as we are. Our passion is reflected in every aspect of Arbor Teas. You’ll certainly notice it in the exceptional collection of teas we offer - one of the largest catalogs of USDA certified organic teas around, nearly three-quarters of which are Fair Trade Certified®.

A truly lovely Ti Kuan Yin. Sweet, floral, and slightly vegetative, with a pleasing earth tone. The sweetness is reminiscent of honeysuckle blossoms. Excellent flavor and many delicious infusions! But then, I’ve come to expect this from Arbor Teas – definitely one of my favorite tea companies!

Thanks LiberTEAs for this one! This is a great tasting Ti Kuan Yin! Clean and smooth – sweet and juicy – lightweight and relaxing! Lovely!

Steep Information:
Flavor: vegetal
Body: Light
Aftertaste: sweet
Liquor: translucent green-yellow
smooth but not silky. Good, but not exceptional.

Resteep:
500ml at 195°F for 3 minutes

still smooth and delicious

Rating: 3/4 leaves

Blog: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2013/03/arbor-teas-company-loose-leaf-oolong.html

I’m not a fan of black tea, so I usually stick to the greens and whites. Oolongs are on the edge for me… often too close to black tea to appeal to me. But when I like an oolong, oh do I love it. And I love Arbor Teas Ti Kuan Yin Oolong. One of my favorites.

This tea is nice and subtle. Even if you let it steep a long time, the color remains relatively light, and the flavor maintains a delicate quality. It has a subtle earthy quality that I find pleasant and relaxing. Everything about this tea helps me slow down and relax to savor it.

Highly recommended!

perfectly brewed, perfectly natural. This tea wakes me up and soothes my nerves in the morning.

Very similar to Monkey Picked Oolong from Teavana. I just recently made the switch to arbor teas b/c it’s based in my home state and they organic fair trade tea so I thought I’d support them! Light floral aroma and taste, but not too much. I only bought a sample, and I will definitely plan on getting more.

Organic. Decent aroma, but fairly disappointing taste. It does have the same overall effect but is much more subtle.