Organic Blackberry Rooibos

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Arbor Teas

This organic, Fair Trade Certified infusion combines rooibos leaves (pronounced ROY-bus) with the essence of fresh blackberries. The sweet and fruity blackberry flavor is a terrific match for the slightly sweet, apricot-like rooibos. Rooibos is an herb native to the beautiful Cedarberg region of South Africa. It contains no caffeine, and those that consume it have claimed that it has a soothing effect on headaches, disturbed sleeping patterns, and digestive problems.

Sustainability is a cornerstone of Arbor Teas’ business philosophy. In addition to offering an exclusively organic selection of teas, they recently became the first tea company to offer their whole catalog in 100% backyard compostable packaging. They’ve also carbon-offset the entire supply chain of their products, from origin to the customer, making Arbor Teas the greenest option for Earth-conscious tea drinkers, and one of few tea companies recognized by Green America.

About Arbor Teas View company

We’re tea enthusiasts with a lot of passion. Passion for top quality tea, the environment, fair trade, and our community. We started Arbor Teas in Ann Arbor, Michigan, intent on creating a tea company as passionate as we are. Our passion is reflected in every aspect of Arbor Teas. You’ll certainly notice it in the exceptional collection of teas we offer - one of the largest catalogs of USDA certified organic teas around, nearly three-quarters of which are Fair Trade Certified®.

I’ve had this many times hot, but this is the first time I cold -steeped it. I like it better this way. It cuts down on that menthol-like taste I find in a lot rooibos and brought out the creamier aspect of the tea. Also the blackberry flavor seemed much stronger. I will have to make it again soon .

I took this iced and the flavor translates pretty well. Certainly it’s somewhat sweeter, but usually an iced tea (for me) is somewhat less strong than a hot tea. In this case the tea comes across pretty similar between the two methods.

Great. The blackberry wasn’t too sweet or too bitter. Not obnoxiously fruity either. I’d love to try it iced now! I’ll definitely order more.