Carolina Honey (Bottled)

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Suzi

• “Drinking this is like drinking pure honey. But I'm not talking about that weak, almost watery honey that comes in the bear-shaped bottle. This is that richer, dark-colored honey that you buy at...” Read full tasting note
    fashion_piranha 120 tasting notes
  • “Bought this purely for the glass. I love POM glasses. This is my new POM glass. Now with lid! ...but I won't talk about the packaging here. This tea was alright. Four ingredients. I taste three....” Read full tasting note
    OolongLily 19 tasting notes

From Argo Tea

Energizing Nilgiri black tea from the highlands of southeast India with sweet wildflower honey and a splash of tart lemons.

About Argo Tea View company

Drinking this is like drinking pure honey. But I’m not talking about that weak, almost watery honey that comes in the bear-shaped bottle. This is that richer, dark-colored honey that you buy at the farmer’s market. Mmmm. Since I’m a honey fiend – the sort that makes Winnie the Pooh look only mildly interested – this is a Very Good Thing.

It is very sweet, though. There’s cane sugar as well as honey in here, so I definitely get a bit of that sticky, unclean mouthfeel after drinking it. Not exactly refreshing, if you know what I mean. And I’m not sure that I can really taste the tea, although the lemons are barely there, keeping the honey from going into overdrive and into cloying mode. But it’s definitely not a balanced flavor.

…but I won’t talk about the packaging here. This tea was alright. Four ingredients. I taste three. Decent black tea base. Enough honey in there to add sweetness and a cakey texture to my tongue post-drinking. Sugar. I don’t taste the “splash of lemon” too much. Maybe it’s more a drop of lemon. It’s an above average RTD. Tastes more like tea than the average RTD, yet it seems awkwardly in the middle between standard sweet RTD tea-juice and loose iced tea. Not something I plan to keep stocked in my fridge. I kind of want it a little sweeter. I will return for the other flavors so I can have more glasses though.

Full Review: http://www.tea-tank.com/?p=259