Blueberry White

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Matt

• “The Bai Mu Dan is strong with this one. //bad Star Wars reference.// I'm not a big Bai Mu Dan fan. Too earthy, too woodsy. The blueberry in the smell is beautiful, but it's overpowered in...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “No matter how short I try to steep it, this is not going to work. Maybe I haven't played around with the steeping times enough, but any shorter, and I don't think there would be any flavor at...” Read full tasting note
    gryffin92 9 tasting notes

From Argo Tea

Delicate white tea blended with sweet blueberries.

About Argo Tea View company

The Bai Mu Dan is strong with this one.

//bad Star Wars reference.//

I’m not a big Bai Mu Dan fan. Too earthy, too woodsy. The blueberry in the smell is beautiful, but it’s overpowered in the cup.

It’s okay. It came as a gift from my friend. I’m open to swapping.

Edit: Second steep better. Not as fuzzy. More blueberry.

Shmiracles

(yay bad Star Wars reference)

No matter how short I try to steep it, this is not going to work. Maybe I haven’t played around with the steeping times enough, but any shorter, and I don’t think there would be any flavor at all.

Ok, so you open the jar, and the smell is just completely blueberry. It’s not a bad smell, but the fact that the bitterness is apparent as soon as you open it is a bad sign. The package suggests a steeping time of 5-6 minutes. To that, I say: you have gotta be kidding me. Even with steeping times around 2 and a half minutes, the taste is just all bitterness, astringency, and maybe the tangy bite of blueberry.

Blueberry and white tea isn’t a bad idea. What is, however, is the fact that the leaves come in clear glass containers. WHITE tea leaves. I bought this before I knew that light would have a bad effect on tea leaves. I found this at a convenience store, sitting underneath bright fluorescent light for who knows how long. Maybe it’s not the tea, then, but the godawful packaging.