Earl Grey Creme

Edit tea info Last updated by RubySlipperLady

• “I had this at the store in downtown Chicago. The one time I went to Argo before was a letdown, so I decided to give it another try. The tea itself seemed good, but the way they served it was bleh....” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 260 tasting notes
  • “I bought the box of sachets to keep at work during their recent scratch to win promotion. I unfortunately dropped my work steeping mug a few weeks ago and have been living off of bagged tea at work...” Read full tasting note
    jeweledthumb 310 tasting notes
  • “I had heard from a friend that this was the best tea Argo had, so I bought a bunch of it loose-leaf. I'm not the biggest fan of Earl Grey, but this tea just smells AMAZING. I made it with milk and...” Read full tasting note
    lizziemm 4 tasting notes
  • “I simply love this tea. I had no idea how much I enjoyed a good cuppa Earl Grey until I visited London this past May. I especially love the creme, or cream, whichever you prefer. My first was...” Read full tasting note
    rubyslipperlady 28 tasting notes

From Argo Tea

Aristocratic and creamy, a tea of substance flavored with bergamot.

1-2 teaspoons per cup
brew 4-5 minutes

About Argo Tea View company

I had this at the store in downtown Chicago. The one time I went to Argo before was a letdown, so I decided to give it another try. The tea itself seemed good, but the way they served it was bleh. It was the drink “Eary Grey Creme” on the board, served hot. I asked for it strong, too. It was too weak. When I make a tea “coffeehouse” drink, I used only like 1-3 tablespoon of milk to 8 oz of tea, plus making the tea stronger. Here, it’s half tea and half milk. It makes for a WEAK drink. They must not use stronger tea? I don’t know, but I don’t think I’ll be back…ever.

I think the tea itself was nice, but the way it was prepared was unpleasing.

Sarah Ruthven

My struggle with Argo is that I find their digital menu impossible to read as it moves!

Mel

Yeah, I needed a paper menu since the digital one made me nervous! I want to love the place, but what we ordered today was was dissatisfying. I had their sweet tea before, and it was weak.

I bought the box of sachets to keep at work during their recent scratch to win promotion. I unfortunately dropped my work steeping mug a few weeks ago and have been living off of bagged tea at work every since (sad face). Anyway, this was surprisingly yummy since I’m not the biggest fan of earl grey.

Once a bit of sweetener was added, it was basically like drinking a lightly flavored creamsicle, with just enough tea flavor to convince yourself it was actually a mug of tea with bergamot and cream flavor and not some sort of juice. I share an office with a fellow tea lover who absolutely loved this stuff and wanted to buy a ton for home use.

I’m thinking of buying the loose version for home since it is really yummy. I don’t even know what temperature the water is at work, but I got two steeps out of my tea bag.

I had heard from a friend that this was the best tea Argo had, so I bought a bunch of it loose-leaf. I’m not the biggest fan of Earl Grey, but this tea just smells AMAZING. I made it with milk and a little bit of sugar when I was having a rough day. The smell is much stronger than the taste but it was delicious. Vanilla-y, Earl Grey-y goodness. I didn’t really taste the bergamot, but I’ll probably make it stronger next time. If you like Earl Grey, you should at least try this tea.

nickels36

i didn’t have them steep it for me at the cafe on michigan … but steep myself for 4-5 minutes … awesome.. and you can really taste the blend with the bergamot… you just have to steep longer.. I wonder if was an older batch of tea.. you know … different yields.. that can alter taste.. idk but trying to steep longer

nickels36

I am a lover of all things natural teas.. and a great pick me up (loose)
sage/chamomile/hisbiscus/vanilla/ginger
1:1 ratio and steep a 1/5tsp to 8 oz of water

will calm your nerves, stimulate the mind and aid your immune system
have fun with it and add your fav black or green tea

I simply love this tea. I had no idea how much I enjoyed a good cuppa Earl Grey until I visited London this past May. I especially love the creme, or cream, whichever you prefer. My first was from Tea, there in London, but found the only thing positive about a layover in O’Hare was Argo Tea (gate G, I think). This is my second bag and I have a third of this little loose leaf treasure awaiting my use in the cupboard.

It’s strong and creamy and stands alone quite well, which is why I like it. The creamy sweetness makes it my choice over plain Earl Grey, which I will drink if I’m out and about and it’s the only tasty thing on the menu.

I meant to write this earlier this morning as I enjoyed the delight that is my first cuppa the day being this tea. However, I’m finished and have now already brushed my teeth so any more drinking will be tainted by Tom’s of Maine, and let’s face it, this tea deserves better.

UPDATE: I couldn’t stand it, the site says TERMINAL 3 MEZZANINE LEVEL, really, this is the only good thing about O’Hare in my opinion.

I have been an Earl Grey fan since I went to Oxford University (New College) in 1985. (They really do have tea time and the whole school breaks for tea- or did, I cannot imagine they’d ever stop…)This Earl Grey is smoother and tastier, more soothing and delicious than Twinings. It’s a great morning cup if you like Early Grey! I do not sweeten teas or add milk for now because I am trying to taste the tea alone.

not bad . . . new to tea(s) so i’m starting with what i know

i enjoyed the taste (no sugar, no milk)