Kenya Highland Classic

Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole/Tea-Historic

From Aroma Tea

Leaf: PF 1, Blackish and neat Infusion: Coppery Liquor: Colourly ,thick with good briskness

About Aroma Tea View company

SIPDOWN! thanks again to nicole this IS a super fine tea – probably the most fine tea i’ve had without it being matcha. and then…then i sort of um fell asleep for just a little bit. Apparently my body doesn’t care about caffeine. So i drank this a little cold, but it’s still a pretty tasty. This falls into my “every day” sort of tea category. thank you for sharing this with me nicole..sorry my tasting note sucks. but the tea was great!

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Pft. Sometimes there isn’t much to say other than “every day black” :) You are working your way through my swap faster than I am through yours!

Ysaurella

Sil is a serial drinker, I am impressed with all the teas she manages to drink in a day – Sil are you a kind of superhero like a Kettlegirl or something like this ? a hand is a kettle and the other hand is a cup ??? ;)

Nicole – that’s because i’m on a mission to sipdown and your teas are perfect for decupboarding :) Plus i like drinking NEW TEAS!

Ysaurella – haha i love this mental image! I don’t drink much except tea, and i’m trying to make sure i keep drinking because for a while there i wasn’t drinking anything for an entire day. :)

Terri HarpLady

That’s an awesome image! If I was any good at coloring, I’d make a picture & send it to your FB, LOL.

Thanks to * Nicole* for this sample tea.

The leaves are extremely fine as the other tasters have noticed. I was afraid to oversteep this one and the tea did get really dark. There’s a definite pungent/peppery smell and unfortunately a faint bitterness in the aftertaste which I don’t really care for.However, it is better than I thought it would be. I don’t think I can drink it plain though. Some soymilk and coconut sugar helped to mellow it out but then it almost reminds me of a toasted marshmallow. This is a real spoon bender at least from my perspective.

Interesting. Thanks again Nicole!

Picked this up in the Nairobi airport. It’s very, very fine. Not like the CTC/rotovaned teas I’m used to seeing, but more like feathery shavings.

It brews almost immediately to a dark coppery golden brown. No mistaking the scent – yup, that’s Tea. :) It’s nothing awesome to rave about and I don’t pick up any flavors other than “black tea” but as a basic, no nonsense quick morning cup, it’s quite acceptable.