Banana Dulce

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbi

• “I am not a banana fan, so I approached this sample from Doulton a little suspiciously, but …wow! The chamomile, banana, and coconut work really nicely together--you can’t really taste where one...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1625 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty good! Banana is hard in tea--it's so easy to have it topple off into "candy runts" fake sugary territory. This banana is sweet, but never runts-sweet. I like the way it interacts...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 608 tasting notes
  • “This is really pretty good. I have been so apprehensive about it, but needn't have been. The banana and coconut are the dominate flavors, and they manage to hedge out the woody tones of the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4227 tasting notes
  • “I received this as a free sample from Art of Tea after winning one of their Facebook contests. The aroma of the dry blend is a delish...smells of caramel, bananas and chamomile. I personally...” Read full tasting note
    LauraR 69 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

A scrumptious herbal blend with savory notes of ripe banana, sweet coconut, graham cracker aroma and a deep caramel finish. It brews a soothing treat rich in health benefits.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Caffeine Free
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic fair trade rooibos, organic fair trade rooibos, organic lemongrass, organic coconut, organic lavender, banana, natural flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

…wow! The chamomile, banana, and coconut work really nicely together—you can’t really taste where one ends and the other begins. Furthermore, chilled, this is a nice smooth summer cooler. I can see myself tossing in some orange or pineapple juice to make this more punch-y.

This is pretty good! Banana is hard in tea—it’s so easy to have it topple off into “candy runts” fake sugary territory. This banana is sweet, but never runts-sweet. I like the way it interacts with the coconut and yes, even the chamomile (I’m guessing maybe the chamomile is what keeps the banana-coconut combo from becoming beachy plasticky cocktail mixer flavored). The lavender is light enough you might not even register it as such; it just gives everything a soft, cleaned up backdrop. I like how this is sort of a light, gentle tea, not uber sweet or heavily creamy. It gives the impression of a freshened up banana, again avoiding candy territory. I’m not madly in love with it but it’s probably the best banana tea I’ve found so far.

This is really pretty good. I have been so apprehensive about it, but needn’t have been. The banana and coconut are the dominate flavors, and they manage to hedge out the woody tones of the rooibos, and some of the less than appealing flavor of the chamomile … leaving me to taste the tasty apple-y notes of the chamomile and even some of the fruitier tones of the rooibos that I don’t usually taste in other blends.

One of the tastier chamomile blends I’ve tried in a long time!

I received this as a free sample from Art of Tea after winning one of their Facebook contests. The aroma of the dry blend is a delish…smells of caramel, bananas and chamomile. I personally thought that the ingredients played nicely together with the chamomile, banana and rooibos running the show. I also noticed a nice coconut undertone. Not sure if I get around to submitting a full review for of this for Teaviews, but I do like it and think it makes a nice night time blend. That said, I think this is one of those love it or hate blends and those that don’t care for bananas or chamomile should stear clear.

Another blend from Meghann M. thank you. I could mainly taste the banana the chamomile and the coconut. Suprizingly the banana was not over the top and for me that does not like coconut it was bearable in this and the chamomile was strong may of oversteeped. This was a fairly good blend but not dessert to me and I added some sugar.

I tried velvet by this company but sadly did not like it at all.

Meghann M

I found velvet to be a tea I really didn’t care for. i hoped to like it as so many rate it highly, but it wasn’t for me.

I don’t think so.

Stephanie

What? No Graham cracker? No banana goodness? Must be all those “herbs” in it. ;)

LENA

HAHA…short and sweet.

It’s too late for black tea right now (I’ve got to get up early tomorrow morning) and I don’t want to drink my last bag of Caramel Creme Rooibos. Banana Dulce it is! This isn’t my first time drinking this tea. I’ve had it a few times and must say that I didn’t LOVE it right from the start. I messed around with the steep time and for me, around three minutes is best.

Very Long (and unnecessary) Nap: Check.
Pancakes for Dinner: Check.
A Hot Cup of Tea: Check.

I don’t do backflips for chamomile, but this blend is very enjoyable for me. The tiny flowers are cute and there are actual shreds of coconut, pieces of (kinda-soft) banana, something that looks like banana dusted in graham cracker, very small bits of rooibos and longer strands of lemongrass.

The taste is comforting. The chamomile flowers give you that VERY distinct chamomile taste, but it’s enhanced by the coconut and banana. I’m not sure if the coconut and banana are really strong, but weave themselves softly with the chamomile. My tongue doesn’t get a trace of rooibos, to be honest. I’m also not getting a ton of lavender or lemongrass. Strangely, when I sip.. I sense that everything is there, though. It feels FULL – like I’ve eaten a sachet kept in a sock drawer (without getting the individual components).

No, I don’t feel like I’ve been taken away to a tropical beach nor do I feel like I’ve eaten a hefty dessert. It’s a very different and interesting tea. Floral? Yes. Slightly sweet? Yes. Dessert-like? Not really. Bizarre? You betcha. I’m not scared away by this tea and I might have another cup when I finish writing this tasting note. I really can’t put my finger on what this tea is, but it’s quite nice for tonight.

I’m not rating this, because I have mixed feelings about chamomile. With that said, this is one of the best teas I’ve ever had with chamomile. It is very yummy and banana-y.