Cinnamon Fig

Edit tea info Last updated by teabird
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 12 oz / 354 ml

From Art of Tea

Full bodied organic black tea base with freshly ground cinnamon bits and fall-ripened fig. Delivers a rich, maple-covered apple-type taste with a warming cinnamon fragrance.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 5-7 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Black Loose Leaf Tea, Organic Cinnamon Bits, Natural Flavor
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

This is one of those blends that lives in my personal tea stash that I just love. There are some things about it that I’d like to tweak to make it perfection such as a slightly higher quality tea base and a maybe slightly fuller flavor profile, but it is still delicious. It is a nice blend of cinnamon and fig flavors with the fig actually dominating the flavor profile and the cinnamon bringing some welcome sweetness. There is something about the hot cup that reminds me of the smell of baked goods making it an awesome treat in the morning. It takes sweetener and dairy exceedingly well. Despite it’s imperfections, it is a staple in my tea collection.

Tea #8 from Another Traveling Tea Box

After the failure I had with the last tea, I figure a tea with cinnamon in it will at least reassure me that my taste buds aren’t dying on me. Lol.
I get cinnamon and something fruity/figgy. The sip is very full and I get a nice figgy-ness from it. The cinnamon thankfully isn’t as in-your-face as I was fearing with as many cinnamon chips as was in the scoop. It’s a decent enough tea and I’m glad I was able to sample it, especially considering it’s not really one I would’ve ordered myself. But I still wouldn’t consider ordering it now.

Here’s Hoping Tea Box

This has a fantastic cinnamon smell and flavor to it. The base is bready and warm. However the fig just had this artificial aftertaste that clings to everything and kind of ruins everything else.

Tea #10 from Another TTB

It smells like a stinky shoe! Like a leather loafer that spent too much time in the garden and smells like moldy-weed-leather-and-food in a cup.

Should I taste it? . . .here goes…

Oh man. It tastes like stinky shoe too! Some of you all actually like this?? oh gee, no thank you!!

But, I will say Kudos to a tea tasting exactly like it smells.

Bonnie

Some of us would say…stinky loader and armpits..NO! Redwood forest, library and mushrooms…YES! If this is puerh, there is puke puerh and fabulous puerh.

Shelley_Lorraine

Well, I might expect this from a puerh… but this even puts the worse puerh to shame. So many good reviews though! I don’t get it… oh well :)

Bonnie

Maybe the fruit in the blend picked up mold. Thought maybe this was a weird puerh but it isn’t. Has to be the fig.

Sipdown! I can’t remember who sent this to me but thank you. When steeped it has a very strong cinnamon aroma but surprisingly the cinnamon is not as present in the flavor as I thought it was going to be. It’s light but it’s still good. It has soft apple and fig flavors. Definitely more of a dried apple kind of taste.

Tea #4 from Another Traveling Tea Box?!?!?!

I’ve been wanting to try this brand for a while, and this tea was definitely brisk enough to kick start my morning! The cinnamon tastes very light – about half the strength of MF’s Cannelle – and I can’t taste the fig at all.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Not a fan of figs so I didn’t expect to like this one… And sadly I was right. Not a fan. Sorry:/

Fig?! I’m getting more apricot/peach than fig. I can detect a little bit of cinnamon, but not much. It seems a little astringent, but I may have made it a little too concentrated since I’m doing 1/4 cup flight tastings and don’t always have the measurements dialed in. This tea also could be old, having been in a TTB. It doesn’t taste much like what I’d expect, but it isn’t bad either.

From the Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box #2

After reading some of the reviews on this one I was a little afraid to try it, but I like cinnamon, and I like fig. I decided to throw caution to the wind and give it a shot.

Not bad! Cinnamon is the main flavor, but it’s not a super intense cinnamon. It’s a softer, warmer spice, and it pairs well with the fig which is sweet and gives the tea some depth. The base tea didn’t have a lot to offer, but it didn’t detract from the flavors either.

Given that a couple of the people who participated in this tea box thought this tea tasted like a stinky shoe, I feel like I dodged a bullet. This isn’t a tea I would purchase for myself (although I’d love to find a good fig tea!), but I’d drink a cup if it were offered to me.

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

Have you ever tried Fig Rose from Teavana? It’s one of my favorites!

Veronica

I haven’t. Thanks for the recommendation! I have to go to the mall this weekend, so I’ll see if my local store carries it.

Tea Sipper

Oh, I’d love to find a good fig tea too.

This is the tea that pushed me off the coffee wagon for good. I look forward to my morning brew as much as I did for any cup of coffee.

I do add a tad of german rock sugar. It really pops and blends the flavors. Very smooth.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML