Happy Tea

Green Guayusa Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by unfeasible

• “Sipdown, 197. Hmmm just noticed that my past two teas have been "happy" themed. Maybe I am trying to subconciously improve my mood since I had to get up early and I have a headache. :P Thanks to...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2006 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #21 from Another Traveling Tea Box* My first introduction to guyusa was made pretty recently when *JustJames* sent me Butiki's Apricot Guyusa in our epic swap. I really enjoyed it so I...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1987 tasting notes
  • “Finally had a chance to cold brew this tea. And boy, is it delicious. The fruit flavor is toned down when it's cold brewed, though. I'm not sure if I like that or not, but it makes the tea lighter....” Read full tasting note
    unfeasible 59 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging... I had my first cup today...it smells amazing! I could definitely smell the strawberries...the smell ALONE makes me happy:) I could taste the fruitiness mostly once it was...” Read full tasting note
    GiggleGoddess 57 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

If you’re looking to bring a ray of sunshine to your senses, you have come to the right place. Surely the name of this tea alone is enough to put a smile on anyone’s face. Sometimes we get a little intertwined in our ordinary, everyday lives and could use a fresh perspective. So what better way to lift your spirits than to tantalize your palate with a cup of this organic, utopian bliss? Sweet, succulent strawberries are perfectly balanced by the tangy effervescence of fresh hibiscus flowers while the indulgent, floral scent of jasmine carries this slightly stimulating guayusa tea to a place that could only be described as “Happy” with a capital “H”! Enjoy this delightful tea on your own or in the company of close friends and loved ones.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Steep Time: 5-7 minutes
Suggested Serving Size: 1 Tbsp/8oz
Caffeine Content: Medium
Ingredients: Organic Guayusa, Organic Strawberries, Organic Green Rooibos, Organic Apple Bits, Organic Jasmine Green Tea, Organic Hibiscus, Organic Rosehips, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

2006 tasting notes

Sipdown, 197. Hmmm just noticed that my past two teas have been “happy” themed. Maybe I am trying to subconciously improve my mood since I had to get up early and I have a headache. :P Thanks to GiggleGoddess for this sample.

I was curious about this tea because it is a guyusa, and I wanted to see how it compares to Butiki’s guyusa blends. Not that I am looking for a replacement, but more just curiosity. As for steeping parameters, I can understand them for guyusa and green rooibos, but I just realized there’s also jasmine green tea in this blend. Glad I dropped the steep temp to Stacy’s for guyusa.

Woah this tea is getting very dark very fast, but it smells pretty tasty. It’s got that green, leafy guyusa smell, but it also smells sweet and fruity as well. It smells like strawberries, but even though it doesn’t smell like fresh strawberries, it’s not quite candy either. More like macerated strawberries you would get with strawberry shortcake.

This is pretty tasty! Very strawberry, but surprisingly I like it considering I am usually not the biggest fan of strawberry flavor. The guyusa keeps the strawberry from getting to sugary/candy sweet, and gives it a green note that works well. The hibiscus and rose hips in this must be pretty subtle because I can’t really tell that they are in there. There is maybe a hint of tartness in some sips but again that helps cut down on what could be an overly tooth-aching flavor. Anyway, this is a pretty tasty blend and it reminds me that I should pick up some more guyusa blends.

1987 tasting notes

Tea #21 from Another Traveling Tea Box

My first introduction to guyusa was made pretty recently when JustJames sent me Butiki’s Apricot Guyusa in our epic swap. I really enjoyed it so I wanted to see how this compared.

The dry leaf of this tea smells amazing as does the brewed tea. It has such a strong fruit scent to it and a really nice strawberry flavor. While the strawberries don’t taste fresh, they do taste much more realistic than many I’ve had. I can’t really taste the hibiscus, which is a relief, it just adds a hint of tartness to the mix, balancing the sweetness from the strawberry.

This is my second tea from Art of Tea and I think I’ll have to place an order with them soon. I really enjoyed this tea and it will not be continuing on.

Finally had a chance to cold brew this tea. And boy, is it delicious. The fruit flavor is toned down when it’s cold brewed, though. I’m not sure if I like that or not, but it makes the tea lighter. It was really nice with some sugar.

Iced 8 min or more

Backlogging…

I had my first cup today…it smells amazing! I could definitely smell the strawberries…the smell ALONE makes me happy:) I could taste the fruitiness mostly once it was brewed. I wish it was a little sweeter (perhaps if they put in stevia leaves in the blend it would make it yummier?) I can’t remember all the fine/little tasting notes of the tea so I’ll keep this review short and SWEET. I’ll increase my rating points by a few for just the smell alone.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 – Tea #12
This one sounded like an interesting combination of ingredients! (And I could have used some happy today.) Upon opening the pouch it smells like super sweet strawberry. The blend itself looks like plain guayusa. I don’t miss the hibiscus.. hibiscus does NOT make me happy,in tea anyway… looking at those big gorgeous flowers is different! But the ripe candy strawberry is a really nice pairing with the guayusa flavors. I would have liked the apple and jasmine to make an appearance though. I’m saving a couple teaspoons of this one for later! Also, since this is guayusa I wouldn’t steep more than a teaspoon at a time.
Steep #1 // 10 min after boiling // 3 min

Happy Tea Makes me Happy!

I’m a huge guayusa fan. I’ve been drinking it for over a year. Every morning I mix plain guayusa with other teas. It’s great to see that Art of Tea is mixing guayusa with other teas and flavors—now I don’t have to!
This particular blend is amazing; and my first Art of Tea tea that I’ve tried. I can’t wait to try more. I really enjoy the fruit flavor-it does not have that artificial fruity taste that I detect in other teas. Thank you for making this blend. I hope Art of Tea continues to expand their guayusa flavors.