Jasmine Pearls

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Art of Tea

Dating back over 1000 years, the traditional tea scenting techniques are still used to make this special tea. Aromatic organic jasmine blossoms are used for scenting the most tender organic green tea leaves and buds then hand rolled into small pearls. Exquisite in flavor and aroma, and reputed to increase circulation, ease tension and reduce cholesterol.

Water Temperature: 180-185 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Green Tea, Organic Jasmine Flowers
Origin: Fujian, China

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

3rd in taste test/Jasmine Pearl Marathon
Right away you notice the jasmine scent is stronger when you open the tin on this one, but what I do like is this is the first tea in my taste test today that I smell the Green Tea as well.
Taste is a bright jasmine tea, the jasmine is certainly present but not perfume-y or overpowering.
And the green tea is nicely waiting in the background.
Very nice Jasmine tea for sure
(I received a phone call from the hospital before this cup was finished and it cooled off some before I could get back to it and the jasmine changed from being as bright to almost creamy and rich, very nice!)

Second steep: much more jasmine. I prefer the first.

And, oh, on a side note: don’t ever pour a bit of tea into a saucer and give to a curious chocolate lab. Your teapot will be stalked.

Every once and a while I crave Jasmine tea and I’m on my second 32oz of this one this morning and I want more.
Yes… that is strange. So I’ve been trying to figure out how this tea is different from other jasmines.
The tea base seems a little more toasty sweet than I would expect from a jasmine tea and the base tea also has a very full mouth feel. Taking that into consideration it is probable this one isn’t bothering me after extended sippage because I would drink the base tea alone. I don’t think I can say that for the other jasmines that come to mind. So yea… nice base tea to start.
The jasmine flavor itself has no soapy or over scented qualities and none of the typical mistake markers. Ive even let it cool down to see if any bitter astringency come out and if there is any at all, after letting it sit out for an hour, it is no where near enough to bother me. I really don’t think there is any astringency at all though. ;P
So yea this is pretty solid. For my few and far between Jasmine cravings I need to remember that this is a good one so I don’t go off on more rants when I could have a perfectly pleasant time sipping this one.