Peach Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Azzrian

From Art of Tea

Art of Tea hand crafts this delightful blend with a base of organic wuyi oolong and a variety of unique botanicals. This distinctive tea blend exhibits a rich Autumn flavor of ripened peaches and a hint of lingering oak with a long honey finish.

Water Temperature: 195 degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Oolong Tea, Organic Rosehips, Marigolds, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

Thanks you Terri Harp Lady for this sample tea!

Rain, Rain finally Rain! I’m happy it’s here!

I just noticed that the condo entrance median outside has two apple trees filled with small apples that I hope have a chance of becoming something wonderful to eat before the snows this year!
I noticed the bushes have suddenly turned red and overnight,the big tree across the street turned bright yellow-gold.
Because I’m halfway up to the clouds here at 5000 feet, they seem grander and closer to the ground. Huge, billowy, purple blue monster clouds came rolling over the higher Rocky’s with Spielberg-like special effect movement, around 5PM. This has always been exciting to me. I knew what to expect when I saw the clouds forming in the distance earlier, so I rushed to the grocery store so that I wouldn’t have to leave home for a few days. (Milk for Chai was on the top of my list.)
For tonight, I made Peach Oolong for sipping before watching TV. (Revolution, (giving this series a look).

The scent and flavor of this tea were both mild even with a 3 minute steep. I thought sweetening might wake up the peach flavor, but even sweetening didn’t bring it out.
I tasted mild roasted leaf that wasn’t bitter, but it had an odd plywood taste.

Hum. What was the creator of the flavored tea trying to achieve? Possibly not the flavor of the peach but the peach skin. That would explain the mild, dry and woody taste. Could be. To me, there was hardly an oolong taste or peach flavor. Peach skin was the closest.

So, the rain is here. I’m ready with soup and tea in my cupboard! Cool weather is perfect for Chai and looking out the window at big clouds and watching a movie!

Helena

Revolution is a good show (so far anyway) the Mom was the Mom on the New V series and the Dad was on Stargate SG-1 (he was married to Vala) okay now that I’ve let my inner geek come out and play time to go drink my tea :D

starfishey

That cloud description sounds fantastic. What a pretty vision in my head; I bet it was awesome in real life.

Like most this one leaves me wanting more PEACH!
And for that matter more oolong would be nice too.
Its just too delicate of a tea for me but its not bad – just delicate – I am sure for some this is blissful perfection – but I want something a bit more edgy.

gmathis

Good description—I’m not subtle enough to pick up on delicate anything :)

Hesper June

Hmmm, good to know.
I have been eying this for awhile, so now I know it might not be worth it.

Terri HarpLady

I always want more peach!

Drank some of this last night. It used to be a favorite.
It’s a beautiful looking tea, made from the more roasty oolong that I tend to prefer, but it’s not as peachy or wonderful as I remember it being. Probably cuz it’s been in my cabinet for…awhile…

Backlog:

The peach flavor is a little subtle and that seems strange to me since Oolong tends to have a natural peach-y tone to it. It’s a tasty tea, but I was hoping for more peach!

I was expecting this tea to taste peachier than it actually does. There’s a hint of fruit flavour but I think that comes mostly from the oolong leaves themselves. Mostly it tastes like a fairly typical dark oolong – a mix of bakey and moss/wet bark-like flavours (in case you were wondering, I’ve never actually eaten moss or wet bark, but this tea is what I’d imagine they’d taste like).

This smelled pretty good in the package and looked interesting with little yellow shreds or thin petals (Chrysanthemum perhaps?) and orange bits of what might be dried peach amid the stems and shreds of black. I put a teaspoon in my strainer and gave it a try. When water was applied, it smelled like …um…tea? I’m not much of a tea connoisseur but it had kind of a greenish scent from the leaves—like green vegetables.

When I strained out the liquid, it didn’t smell so green, but it didn’t smell particularly peachy either, or even terribly appetizing. I briefly considered dumping it out and then dismissed the notion, opting to wait for it to cool and find out how it actually tasted. This was a sample from my big sis, Terri Harplady, so I felt obligated to see the experiment through.

No sir, I didn’t like it. Blah blah bland. A few days later I learned that Terri prefers a tablespoon per cup and my previous conservative attempt hadn’t done it justice. I resolved to try again with a stronger brew, though I really wasn’t liking the flavor base of this.

Attempt #2 This time I used a full tablespoon for my standard three minute steep. Once again, it smelled like green vegetables, but the surface of the tea looked…scummy. It tasted like the water left when I cook vegetables, with a slight astringency from the tea, so I pulled out the stops and sweetened it.

Ok, there was the peach, just a hint of it, as well as an undertone of vanilla beneath a kind of funky, gamy vegetable flavor I guessed to be the oolong. I concluded there IS something there, but I don’t have much use for a tea that needs sweetener to be appreciated.

My big sis said she preferred it iced. I decided it was worth a try.

Attempt #3 This time I tried a cold brew. Sometimes a batch of tea brewed slowly in a jar of cold water in the refrigerator will turn out infinitely better. Not this time. No sir, I didn’t like it. Fortunately, I used the last of it up in this attempt.

There’s something in the base of this tea that disagrees with me. Tastes differ, and I don’t doubt that someone else is giving this variety a shining review. I gave it a fair shake but must sadly conclude this is not my cup of tea.

Terri HarpLady

Sorry to hear you didn’t care for this one, sis. This used to be a tea I really loved, hot with a little stevia or honey.
The one I like iced is Republic of Tea’s Ginger Peach, lol.

Bleh. The oolong tasted old and stale, and I got absolutely no peach flavour from it. Sad and disappointed.

Tina S.

How sad! cries for bad tea

MsWhatsit

Your experience with this tea sounds a lot like mine. Only mine was long winded and you got straight to the point.

wonderful. the peachiness is just right, blended behind the tea leaves. truly lovely.

Boiling