Golden Monkey

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Sample from Cuppa! Normally not a fan of black teas. I usually want them flavored somehow, but the plain blacks are starting to grow on me. This one is very nice, though I think if I have it...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

Our Organic Golden Monkey is harvested each May, picked fresh, one bud and one leaf at a time, from Keemun tea bushes in our select Chinese garden. Our tea master for this select organic Keemun has over 20 years experience preparing this premium tea and created a signature process especially for Art of Tea.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Black Tea
Origin: Anhui Province, China

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

1 Tasting Note

Sample from Cuppa!

Normally not a fan of black teas. I usually want them flavored somehow, but the plain blacks are starting to grow on me. This one is very nice, though I think if I have it again, I’d brew for longer. It’s very light, and slightly malty. The best way to describe it is “golden”. Yeah, I know, that’s what the name says, but that’s how it tastes. I like it!!

ETA: The more I sip this, the more I’m loving it. I don’t think I’d brew for longer (normally I brew black teas for 5 minutes so they’re strong). This is great as is, and very likely to end up in my tea stash sometime.