Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Art of Tea

Created in honor of Joseph Walsh, who published one of the Western world’s first books on tea blending in 1896. This tea offers a rich, flavorful cup combining fruity notes of white peach and gala apple with cinnamon, and has a crisp floral finish.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Steep Time: 5 minutes
Caffeine Content: Medium
Ingredients: Bio-Dynamic Black Tea, Organic Nilgiri Tea, Organic Assam Black Tea, Organic Orange Peel, Fair Trade Organic Rooibos, Roses, Organic Hibiscus, Safflower, Natural Flavor.
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

2/24 Art of Tea samples

Brewed up a big mug of this early last night to share with my husband. Wow was the liquor a deep crimson. There must be more hibiscus than I had pictured in this blend. I’ve never had a black tea blended with hibiscus, so I was very curious to try this blend. Thanks to Jaime I have the opportunity.

I can certainly taste the fruity tart hibiscus when sipping this tea, but it isn’t the foremost flavor. The black tea base shines through, and there is a fruity, almost an apples and peaches fruit flavor, the end of the sip certainly brings out the rose and floral aspects to the tea. Unfortunately, this floral rose flavor is brought out way to strongly as the tea cools. Sipped hot, this tea is a great blend, the cooler it gets the less I want to sip. The flowers overwhelm the tongue.

Try it, but try it hot and drink it fast!

nanakap

Delicious and elegant. Wonderful iced.

Last sipdown for tonight! (unless I’m up to 3am again?) (186)
Thank you Sil!

I’m with you on this one. It’s sorta meh. I get light black tea notes and rose. Mostly rose. I get the impression that this one is mostly scented, instead of flavoured. Still, I’m happy I got to try it! :D

I had high hopes for this tea. I was hoping for a lightly flavored black tea to add to my morning routine. Sadly it did not live up to expectations. It’s not a bad tea, it’s just an “ok” tea. I got hints of grapefruit with a flowery finish. I am finding that I am not a fan of flowers in my tea.

I will save it for swaps, but it won’t be a restock for me.