Passionfruit Jasmine

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Art of Tea

Select black tea and green tea, jasmine blossoms, and passionfruit essence. A long lasting, sweet flavor and astounding aroma that carries well hot and as a refreshing iced tea. This Passionfruit Jasmine tea won the Judges’ Top Prize First Place at the Best Iced Tea Competition in Dallas, Texas in 2007.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Black Tea, Organic Green Tea, Organic Jasmine Flowers, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

This most definitely tastes of “exotic tropical fruit.” It’s lightly sweet and smells very good. The tea base is pretty light. It’s okay hot but cold it’s really good. Continues the preference I seem to have for fruit teas only when cold.

Thanks, CK, for the chance to try this!

CK

Hi Nicole! Nope, this one didn’t come from me but it sounds like something I’d try :)

Nicole

Ok. Wow. This was totally not the tea I was reviewing. I know I was on the Passion Fruit Na Pali page. How did this end up here???

This is a backlog from this morning. It’s actually been fairly hectic at work today, and more than anything, I’m sort of looking forward to doing nothing.
Anyway, I brewed this up this morning in an attempt to get through as many samples as possible. actually, I’m not “getting through” them so much as I’m just tasting them and moving on, but it is what it is.

This is a black-green blend, and so I was a wee bit nervous as I’m not typically drawn to anything green. Nevertheless, I brewed it as per keychangeness.
The dry leaf smells of a generic tropical fruit concoction. Having said that, it doesn’t smell at all artificially flavoured or scented. I let it steep for five minutes, and the result was sort of like a hot tropical punch (although it was a bit creamy thanks to, you know, the cream that I added). It sort of reminded me of a hot version of a bubble tea; I could definitely picture it having tapioca balls floating around in it. I can’t really taste the black or green base, nor can I really detect any jasmine. having said all of this, it’s a perfectly acceptable tea, and is actually quite pleasant. I imagine it would actually be quite delightful iced, but I don’t ever ice my teas, so I’m either going to happily finish up the sample (but not repurchase as I’m not a huge fruit tea fan), or put it in a swap pile to send it off to someone who will enjoy cold-brewing it.

This won first for an iced tea category at the North American Tea Championship, and I can see why. This is amaaaazing iced. It’s all right hot, too, but iced it is brilliant stuff. My mother-in-law, who is a self-professed tea hater, keeps asking me to ice cups of this for her.