Velvet Tea

Fruit Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Backlog: It took me a long time to actually try this, I think that I was jaded by the negative tasting notes here ... but I actually enjoyed it. I didn't taste much chocolate (as in no...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4637 tasting notes
  • “WHAT IS THIS. This tea is bizarre. And weird. And unnerving. And completely different tasting than it initially suggests. Ugh. The leaves. Well, they smell great! There's sweet,...” Read full tasting note
    teaplz 186 tasting notes
  • “Confession: I've fallen out with flavored rooibos blends. Honeybush tends to be so much better, and when I started all this rooibos didn't bug me but lately it kind of does. Or maybe I'm just...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 613 tasting notes
  • “Thanks Jaime for sending this to me! It's been on my wishlist for a while now! This is a strange tisane! First...I will say I DO like this. I like the way it tastes! BUT... It's weird...” Read full tasting note
    teaequalsbliss 6770 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

Sweet enticing chocolate swimming in a deep velvety base of organic rooibos and refreshing mint leaves. The perfect answer to a dessert tea. The finish is smooth, complimented with a touch of vanilla.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Low
Steep Time: 5-7 minutes
Ingredients: Organic Fair Trade Rooibos, Organic Mint, Organic Apple, Organic Cacao Nibs, Chocolate, Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

Thank you Caitlin for sending this sample! This one is interesting. I decided to try this tea without looking at the reviews or description. My initial impressions were about appearance. I saw rooibos and chunks of fruit perhaps. The smell was so faint and slightly sweet. Upon steeping, it was a nice red brown color. It tasted sweet but a little tart. I got a warm feeling of vanilla seeping through the mix of sweet and fruit. I really love rooibos and vanilla combinations.

Overall a decent blend. The fruity tartness threw me off but it wasn’t very powerful which was good.

Steep Information:

Aftertaste: sweet, woody
Liquor: Cloudy dark reddish-orange-brown

Swap from Meghann M

Hmm

Mint, rooibos, none of the chocolate

Luckily I wasn’t expecting much from you tea, because your just managing minty. I mean if i wanted mint tea with a sweet undertone to keep it from being 100% mint, I’d want you. Just not in the mood. Not really impressive.

However very drinkable.

Post-Steep Additives: none

Resteep: 7 min, weak, still tingly mint

images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/03/art-of-tea-loose-leaf-rooibos-tea_26.html

i am not sure how to talk about this tea. it is okay. glad i have no more.

This tea is so well-balanced, it’s difficult to identify any particular flavor. Sure, the mint and cacao can be noted in the dry blend, but when steeped, it’s hard to distinguish. I guess that may mean it’s not a complex cup of tea, and yet it’s delicious. Like that very drinkable wine one sips at a party while mingling, this is a nice dessert tea, and it gets tastier and more interesting with the addition of cream and/or sugar. Yum, yum… yum. I actually will probably never drink it because I don’t like the mouth feel of cream and sugar after I’ve had altered tea, but my friends and guests will adore it; I will keep it stocked for them.

We just got this tea in our tea lounge and I love, love, love it!!! The combination of the mint and apple, totally set off the cacao nibs, chocolate and vanilla for a very unique flavor.