VINTAGE 97 Immortal Nectar "Pu-erh"

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Art of Tea

Since time immemorial people have traveled the world in search of the fountain of youth. Discover the benefits of our rare, premium cave-aged pu-erh, known to decrease physical stress and lower cholesterol. Our unrefined, medium-leafed, organic elixir yields a deep brown liquor with a light sherry bouquet and a smooth, earthy flavor. Best steeped long with water from a rolling boil.

Water Temperature: 206 F degrees
Caffeine Content Bold
Steep Time: 3-5 minutes
Ingredients: Pu-erh Tea
Origin: Yunnan, China

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

Yum, yum, yum! More please! A nice smooth earthy Pu-erh with a hint of honey to it, very good iced as well as hot.

Cofftea

Curious as to what the difference between “Pu-erh” and Pu-erh is? lol:)

Scent reminds me of a fish paste that we used in one of my undergrad food chemistry classes. I was the only one in class that actually liked the stuff.

I did a 10 second steep, dumped that water, then steeped for 5 minutes. Taste has an edge of that fish paste to it, but not in a bad way. It’s rich and thick, slighty vegetal and dirt-esque. Definitely umami. I think it’d be really good to brew some up and use it for the water to cook rice in, as a side to a real savory/spicy dish. Might have to try that sometime!