DUPLICATE

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

• “*Tea #17 from HHTTTB2* This is a weird one. Honestly, in the bag these totally smell like stale chips of sorts. Which was mildly off-putting to say the least. And then when it was brewed up, it...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Teabox B! A ton of flowers! I've never tried these before... I added a bunch to my infuser. A few minutes later, it looks like a mug of beer! The flavor seems familiar somehow, but I would have...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1372 tasting notes
  • “This smelled nice and looked like dried whole flowers--Pretty much as the name implied. I brewed it up in my glass measuring cup so I could watch the flowers unfold. It was quite a pretty show...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 58 tasting notes
  • “*Tea #19 from the Here's Hoping TTB* This is another tea I almost didn't try due to the smell, the the dry leaf was really unappetizing, but I don't have a lot of herbal options left in the box...” Read full tasting note
    shortsorceress 1885 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

Duplicate http://steepster.com/teas/art-of-tea/32501-royal-chrysanthemum-blossoms

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

Tea #17 from HHTTTB2

This is a weird one.

And then when it was brewed up, it smelled mildly like chamomile. And then tasted so, so much like chamomile, I had to doublecheck what I was drinking! It’s like chamomile’s slightly buffer, spicier, and cooler brother. Like. Chamomile was the bookworm and really good in math and science and Chrysanthemum is the head of the varsity football team. But also the debate captain. And probably prom king. And is maybe a little bit of a jerk.

JustJames

lol, oh dear. stale chips hybridized with chamomile…… i don’t think i would do this one on purpose!

Stephanie

Totally enjoyable tasting note :)

JustJames

i agree with Stephanie! very entertaining review!

moraiwe

Haha! Thanks. I seriously picture this tea as the attractive jock brother who relentlessly bullies chamomile, and breaks into inappropriate Spanish accents to woo women.

Teabox B! A ton of flowers! I’ve never tried these before… I added a bunch to my infuser. A few minutes later, it looks like a mug of beer! The flavor seems familiar somehow, but I would have no idea where the flavor is from. It is hard to describe! A bit brothy, savory. Spicy especially if I just had sugar. Sweet too. Doesn’t really taste like flowers. I just can’t describe it. It’s a nice flavor anyway!

This smelled nice and looked like dried whole flowers—Pretty much as the name implied. I brewed it up in my glass measuring cup so I could watch the flowers unfold. It was quite a pretty show and made me realize why some people have clear glass teapots. Now I’m thinking of getting one myself. It was a lovely meditative moment just sitting there watching the flowers unfurl in the water and catching that delicate scent. Making hot tea is one of those things that forces you to slow down and live in the now. It was very nice contemplating the pretty flowers in the water and waiting for the tea to be done.

It seemed kind of a shame to have to strain the pretty petals out afterwards (that pretty much destroyed them), and downright irreverent to dump them in my compost bucket. I kind of hated to do so, but you have to taste the tea eventually and I suppose it’s one of those things to add to my meditations…an awareness of the impermanence of all things.

It tasted…delicate…flowery… a little grassy, with a sweet honeyish implication. It’s nice—not an assertive flavor I would seek out and lust after, but a pleasant taste to reminisce and relax to while I reflect on the memory of those pretty flowers in my measuring cup. This is the sort of tea I would get a glass teapot for so I could drink one cup while I sit and meditate upon the flowers floating in the bottom of my teapot. Maybe write some haiku or something.

Terri HarpLady

Nice review!

ashmanra

I believe these are used to alleviate migraines, yes?

Terri HarpLady

I like to sometimes drink ‘from the flowers’ (that’s what my grandaughter said once, and I loved it) in the late afternoon when I want more tea, but not more caffeine.

Some people do drink it for headaches, but I believe it’s main activity is on the lung meridian & it is used medicinally for bronchial issues, another reason I drink it, as I have a tendency towards weaknesses in that area.

And I like the taste!

Tea #19 from the Here’s Hoping TTB

This is another tea I almost didn’t try due to the smell, the the dry leaf was really unappetizing, but I don’t have a lot of herbal options left in the box that I haven’t already tried. I don’t think the smell really improved much while steeping, which is a shame.

Flavor-wise this reminds me a lot of sage and I hate sage in tea. I’m not sure if I can get past that, but the flowers also have a slightly peppery taste to them as well.

I am apparently allergic to chrysanthemums because the hand I used to scoop with is all red and blotchy, so I ended up dumping this one out after only a few sips.

Tea Sipper

Oh no! I’m so sorry you were allergic to these!