Aztec Spice (Mayan Hot Chocolate Tea)

Black Honeybush Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by TastyBrew

• “I stared at my tea cupboard for awhile in a daze this morning. I still can't taste much so I needed something strong flavored. I really wanted something spicy but the only truly spicy tea I have is...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “Holy sweet spice! As *TastyBrew* said in her note to me on this tea, it's kinda strange! Thanks, *TastyBrew* for the surprise sample! I kind of like this strange tea! I didn't realize it was a...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 432 tasting notes
  • “Cinnamon, bread, chocolate - that's what you smell first. Also, earthy due to the Pu-Erh base and this all results in a very unusual combination. This is good! Would not want to drink every day...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 308 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

Spice up your palate with this rich, exotic blend of cinnamon drenched chocolate, elevated gently by the warming kick of spicy chili flakes.

Water Temperature: 195 F degrees
Caffeine Content: Medium
Suggested Serving Size: 1 Tbsp/6-8oz
Steep Time: 3-5 min (Can be steeped multiple times)
Ingredients: Organic Pu-erh, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Honeybush, Organic Cocoa Nibs, Organic Safflower, Organic Chili Flakes, Ground Chocolate* (sugar, cocoa-processed w/alkali, unsweetened chocolate, soy lecithin, vanilla), Natural Flavors
Origin: Art of Tea Blend

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

I stared at my tea cupboard for awhile in a daze this morning. I still can’t taste much so I needed something strong flavored. I really wanted something spicy but the only truly spicy tea I have is the Butiki’s Winter fire, but I wanted something rich and possibly chocolaty. I thought about going crazy and mixing a few together but knew I’d end up with something too strange to enjoy. Suddenly I saw a tiny little sample tin in my sample drawer that I barely ever notice anymore because its made with chocolate and puehr. Two things I thought I didn’t like.

It was finally time to give this one a go. And man. This is a keeper. It is very similar in it’s bready cinnamon quality to my new favorite cinnamon swirl bread, but then has a thick chocolatey layer on top. And the best of all, it has some chili’s in there to add some kick. Nothing nearly as hot as winter’s fire (which I really enjoy) but the flavor is there and lingers just a bit. I really like this and will be adding it to my regulars list. I can imagine sitting by a fire during a rainstorm (I wish it was snow, but in Oregon, we get rain) and sipping on this all night. Love.

Update: Steep #2 Not as spicy or chocolaty, but still very cinnamony.

Tealizzy

Ooh, another bready puerh!

TastyBrew

I know! And really good. I got 4 really flavorful steeps and the last one was super close to the cinnamon swirl bread. I’m going to order a bag of this so I’ll send you a little taste.

Tealizzy

Awesome!! :)

Holy sweet spice! As TastyBrew said in her note to me on this tea, it’s kinda strange! Thanks, TastyBrew for the surprise sample! I kind of like this strange tea! I didn’t realize it was a puerh until I looked it up. The first spice that hits you is the cinnamon, but this tea has a whole lot more going on. It’s definitely spicy, but kind of in a chai sort of way, with a little heat. I think the chocolate rounds it out. It is not a subtle tea. Best when you need a little punch!!

Cinnamon, bread, chocolate – that’s what you smell first. Also, earthy due to the Pu-Erh base and this all results in a very unusual combination. This is good! Would not want to drink every day but definitely want it in my tea pantry.