turkish apple

Edit tea info Last updated by Dr Jim

• “My black Friday shipment arrived yesterday and so I've started to enjoy the teas (I'm letting my wife put some of the teas away as Christmas presents but I couldn't stand to wait for all of...” Read full tasting note
    Dr Jim 106 tasting notes
  • “Mmmm, cinnamon apple! I'm not a big apple tea fan, but I wanted to try this anyways and it is good. It is pretty smooth and true to apple taste. It tastes more like cooked or baked apple and that...” Read full tasting note
    Dustin2Dust 401 tasting notes

From Art of Tea

SEASONAL – Available for a limited time while supplies last.

As you sip on this robust apple fusion, allow its full flavor to whisk you away to the bustling Turkish bazaars from which it was initially popularized.

Ingredients: Organic Black Tea, Organic Cinnamon, Natural Flavors

About Art of Tea View company

Art of Tea is a tea importer and wholesaler based in Los Angeles, California. We hand blend and custom craft the world’s finest organic teas and botanicals. Our teas are carefully selected directly from growers, each one offering a unique story.

My black Friday shipment arrived yesterday and so I’ve started to enjoy the teas (I’m letting my wife put some of the teas away as Christmas presents but I couldn’t stand to wait for all of them).

This tea was a bit disappointing. I tried it first without any sweetener, and the only flavor was cinnamon. The aroma reminded me of the “Atomic Fireball” candies I used to eat as a kid, and that probably influenced my impressions, but I couldn’t taste any tea or apple: just the fireball.

I tried adding NutraSweet, and the sweetener brought out the apple flavor, but the cinnamon still overpowered the apple. This tea might work for someone who really likes cinnamon, but it isn’t for me.

Note added two months later. This time I liked the tea much better. The cinnamon dominated, but I accepted the tea for what it was: a cinamon tea. I also noticed that the cinnamon faded faster than the other flavors so the second and third steeps were much more balanced. The current rating is an average of 73 and 82.

Bonnie

Apple tea’s are really hard to get right I think.

Mmmm, cinnamon apple! I’m not a big apple tea fan, but I wanted to try this anyways and it is good. It is pretty smooth and true to apple taste. It tastes more like cooked or baked apple and that impression is helped along by the cinnamon. I’m not sure what makes this Turkish. Do Turks often eat apples with cinnamon?