Organic Light Oolong

Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

From Arum Tea

Taste Profile:
Very Smooth. Light golden hue with a fruity and floral fragrance. As the tea develops, the initial earthy flavors transforms into a lingering finish of herbs and flowers.
Notes:
30-40% Oxidized. Loose Tea Leaves
Single Estate Garden, Halimun Mountain in West Java, Indonesia

About Arum Tea View company

Light Oolong. A very fitting name!
This one is really really light. Soft floral notes. A nice tea for tonight (:
Thank you, LiberTEAS for the sample! (:

Flavors: Floral, Smooth

Backlog:

I tried to time my sampling of this and the Medium Oolong from Arum to be fairly close together so that my memory was fresh. I wanted to see if I could taste the difference between the Light and the Medium.

The dry leaf looks very similar. But the brewed liquid is different – this one definitely has a lighter color and the flavor is lighter also.

The tea begins very delicately, but as I continued to sip, the flavors developed. Light, earthy, with subtle herbaceous notes. A smooth tea. It’s not really buttery or creamy, but it has a smooth silky texture and flavor. Distant fruity notes. Floral notes that develop as I continue to sip.

Later infusions became even smoother, more seamless.

The biggest differences between the two: the medium was more of a nutty, honeyed flavor while the light has more fruit and flower notes. Both are really good and I recommend exploring both! Here’s my full length review for the Light Oolong: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/09/15/organic-light-oolong-tea-from-arum-tea/