Organic Medium Oolong

Oolong Tea
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

• “Backlog: This was the first Oolong tea from Indonesia that I can recall having tried. The dry leaf looks a lot like a TieGuanYin, the leaves have been wound into pellets. So, I brewed it...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4633 tasting notes
  • “This is a 50% oxidized oolong from Indonesia! Organic too! This oolong has a nice silky texture with plenty of roasty nuts notes (chestnut walnut) and honey flavor. Later steepings I got yellow...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From Arum Tea

Taste Profile:
Full sweet taste with floral fragrance with the hint of honey.
Notes:
50% Oxidized. Loose Tea Leaves
Single Estate Garden, Halimun Mountain in West Java, Indonesia

About Arum Tea View company

Backlog:

This was the first Oolong tea from Indonesia that I can recall having tried. The dry leaf looks a lot like a TieGuanYin, the leaves have been wound into pellets. So, I brewed it similarly to how I would steep a TieGuanYin.

My earliest infusions had a floral aroma and a sweet honey flavor. Beneath the honey tones I noticed flavors of nut and flower. The floral flavor lingers into the aftertaste. Later infusions were still sweet but a little crisper and a little more astringent than the first couple of infusions. I still get quite a bit of honey flavor – in fact, the last infusions were more honeyed than the first – and still a strong nut and floral taste.

A really delightful tea to explore. Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/09/04/organic-medium-oolong-tea-from-arum-tea/

This is a 50% oxidized oolong from Indonesia! Organic too!

This oolong has a nice silky texture with plenty of roasty nuts notes (chestnut walnut) and honey flavor. Later steepings I got yellow squash and bread flavors. A little bit of dryness in later steepings as well. I found this tasted similar to a Dong Ding, but with more roasty richness.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/organic-medium-oolong-arum-tea-tea-review/

Tealizzy