Yunnan Gong Fu

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaBrat

From Asha Tea House

Lincang, Yunnan Province, China

The Yunnan province in China is famous for robust black teas, and this one is no exception. The flavor is full-bodied, woody, and slightly smoky. Gong fu makes a perfect breakfast tea.

About Asha Tea House View company

I picked this up from the new Asha Tea House in San Francisco, which is just a short walk from my office downtown. So far I’ve had their houjicha latte and lemon jasmine iced green tea to go, both were really good.

I decided to pick some of this up today because yunnan blacks are definitely a favorite of mine and it couldn’t hurt to have another breakfast tea. I steeped it for 2 minutes with boiling water per package directions and am drinking it plain.

This is a nice, rich black tea that doesn’t have much bitterness at all. I am getting chocolate plus a bit of tobacco aroma & flavor. I don’t normally sweeten my tea but I ended up putting a small amount of sugar in this, and that brought out even more chocolate-y and roasted notes. A very good everyday drinker, for the morning or anytime. Happy with this purchase!

One of my faves. I like a lot of milk with my tea and I love that this one is strong enough to hold up to that well.