Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by apieceofquiche

• “Hello, Steepster, I am back from my vacation/hiatus! It was awesome to get away and see my family for the holidays, and also great to be back. :) This evening I am drinking a new tea, one I pulled...” Read full tasting note
    Mookit 134 tasting notes
  • “Still not crazy about this one, but I just finished a hot teacup worth of it and it was definitely an improvement. For starters, the strawberry and bright, juicy orange notes just seemed a lot...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 4452 tasting notes

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: forest strawberry, tangerine pulp, anjou pear
Feels Like: shelley’s poetry

“A poem needs understanding through the senses,” explains romantic poet John Keats

Spend an afternoon with a picnic among flora and fauna in the English countryside. The dewy wildflowers and lush green tapestry provide softly beautiful decor. This tea opens with mouth-watering aroma of ripe tangerine. Next, the first sip adds juicy sweet strawberry. In the finish, vibrant floral and grassy notes recall barely ripe pear and linden blossoms. Soft, shrill voices of birds glide through the air, heralding the reawakening of Spring.

Like a rose embower’d
In its own green leaves,
By warm winds deflower’d,
Till the scent it gives
Makes faint with too much sweet those heavy-winged thieves:

Sound of vernal showers
On the twinkling grass,
Rain-awaken’d flowers,
All that ever was
Joyous, and clear, and fresh, thy music doth surpass.

“To a Skylark,” Percy B Shelley

A tea for romantic mornings and idyllic afternoons.

Ingredients: japanese sencha, chinese sencha, silver linden blossom, orange peel, forest strawberry, strawberry leaves, thyme, flavoring

*certified organic by Lacon GmbH

About August Uncommon Tea View company

This evening I am drinking a new tea, one I pulled from the GCTTB. I couldn’t find much information about it on Steepster, only that it was a green tea, so I opted for less than boiling water, and steeped for only about 2 minutes. This one smells kinda weird: rather herbal and bitter, almost minty. Have no idea what to expect on my first sip.

I just looked up the tea on August Uncommon’s own website, and apparently this tea is with strawberries and silver linden. When I looked up that latter ingredient, I immediately get shown a picture of a large silver tree. Bingo. This is what I am smelling. I couldn’t place the aroma at first, but I would now say that it is very close to being a sharp pine-line smell. No sign of any strawberries so far. I didn’t have any pieces in the remaining sample (while they are shown on the tea’s picture on AU’s website), so I doubt there will be a detectable strawberry presence this time around.

The tea is not tasting as sharp as it hits the nose (which I am more than OK with). I was right about the strawberries: not to be found. This is mostly now a weak green tea with strong herbal notes. Not something I would drink again, but suppose it was an interesting enough experience. At least I learned what silver linden was.

Still not crazy about this one, but I just finished a hot teacup worth of it and it was definitely an improvement. For starters, the strawberry and bright, juicy orange notes just seemed a lot fresher tasting overall – and I think the grassy green base was a bit more mellowed out. A good combination between delicate flavours and bright fruit notes, overall.

Song Pairing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ66D7TcEWU&index=2&list=LL1M1wDjmJD4SJr_CwzXAGuQ