Green Tea
Butter, Cake, Caramel, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Toffee, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Dexter

From August Uncommon Tea

Tastes Like: pineapple cake, caramel beignet, dried lemon peel
Feels Like: a lazy stroll through the french quarter

You’ve never had a green tea this rich and sweet. When you taste it, you’ll swear you just had a bite of pineapple cake and a caramel beignet. If you’ve ever thought green tea is too bitter, try Big Easy. It’s as simple and delightful as a stroll in New Orleans.

A tea for those sweet and easy days

Ingredients: chinese sencha green tea, thai pineapple, rosehips, german barley malt, lemongrass, caramel, dried orange, flavoring

Contains gluten from barley malt and dairy

About August Uncommon Tea View company

Another of the new ones from August Uncommon.

When I saw this one, I wanted to be excited for it so badly because Pineapple tea! But all I could think about what “What if it tastes like DAVIDsTEA’s Grilled Pineapple?” ’cause the ingredients are fairly similar, and Grilled Pineapple was SO BAD. So, I had a lot of hesitation brewing this one up…

However I didn’t need to because it’s REALLY GOOD. I was expected something a bit more bold and fruity in flavour, but it was actually quite light and buttery with a sort of lightly toffee like note, some soft roastiness from the barley, and then this sort of fruity pineapple undertone that was really soft/delicate and kind of reminded me of the sort of softer pineapple glaze/sweetness on cakes like Pineapple Upside Down Cake or even the brown ‘outer crust’ type part of Angel Food cake that’s sort of like a caramelized sugar type thing? I don’t know if that descriptor makes any sort of sense, or if anyone will know what part of Angel Food I’m talking about – but like that but a bit fruitier.

So good though! I feel like even my descriptors don’t really do it justice. It was such a pleasant surprise though – it made me really happy.

Flavors: Butter, Cake, Caramel, Fruity, Pineapple, Sweet, Toffee, Vanilla

Roswell Strange

Which reminds me I need to brew this one up again… Mmm!

NOMS. dexter sent this one my way along with a number of other samples i’m excited todive in to even if i’m really close to 100 again. My weight is still under what i was hoping for the end of year so i’m laughing. :)

I really like this one. It’s, as dex mentioned, not as out there as other AU blends i’ve had but i love this a lot more than i thought i would. probably because it doesn’t come across as a green tea lol this is really much more pineapple, caramel donut….not as light as like an angel food cake with pineapple..but it’s very dessert like. am a fan!

Count: 95

Cavocorax

Woo! You’re going to be at 75 by Monday, aren’t you?

haha not likely. Wine touring this weekend so guessing end of the month.

Dexter

Happy you liked this one – in hind site, I should have sent you a sample of Dark Iris, but it’s oolong and I hadn’t tried it yet when I put your package together. It’s base is really non invasive and the fruit flavors are nice.

not to worry. I’ll have to sit down and figure out if there is a need to order things once i’m back this weekend. I’m so happy to be under 4kg…

Dexter

I haven’t looked at my spread sheet since early May. That might be a project for this weekend.

This is not quite what I was expecting. I really thought that the barley would add a genmaicha quality to this.
This is mostly pineapple with just a hint of caramel. Not getting much of the green base – which is ok by me. I like it, not as unusual as the other August Uncommon blends, but it’s tasty enough.

Roswell Strange

Hmm; good to know. This is one I’ve been on the fence about in regard to ordering. Mostly because of the base… Did you drink it hot or cold?

Dexter

I drank it hot. I just got a sample of it. It’s good hot and I think it would ge good cold too. Verry dessery pineapple, not bitter or grassy at all from the green base.