Azerçay - Buket

Malt, Raisins
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl
Boiling 7 min, 30 sec 6 oz / 189 ml

• “*Here's Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 - Tea #6* I thought I'd give this one a try! The leaves are long and dusty black, kind of folded in on itself. I risked the odd steep suggestions and went...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1450 tasting notes
  • “From the Round 3 Here's Hoping TTB I have to admit that the steeping instructions on this one scared me. It calls for 2 tsp. of leaves for a 6 oz. cup, 212 degree water, and a steeping time of 7 -...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 767 tasting notes
  • “I got this tea from my inlaws, who purchased it while they were on a river cruise through Russia! They had a tour guide find a tea shop and translate to get good loose leaf and this is what they...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1055 tasting notes

From Azerçay

Best quality largest leaf black tea. Blend of tea grown in Lankaran and Astara regions of Azerbaijan. Packed by “SUN-TEA ÇAY FABRİKİ” LLC tea packing factory.
Instructions: add 2 tea spoons of tea for every glass of water into hot, dry teapot, fill it with fresh boiled water, after 7-8 minutes of brewing you will feel the difference.

About Azerçay View company

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 – Tea #6
I thought I’d give this one a try! The leaves are long and dusty black, kind of folded in on itself. I risked the odd steep suggestions and went with two teaspoons at boiling for ten minutes! It was supposed to be 7-8 min but I accidentally went over. This worked out well. No astringency at all. A lovely black tea – malty, raisiny, bready, sweet. Everything I love in a delicious black tea. The second steep was nice as well. I hope someone else gives this tea a chance.. there is a little left in the box!
Steep #1 // few minutes after boiling // 10 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 8 min

From the Round 3 Here’s Hoping TTB

I have to admit that the steeping instructions on this one scared me. It calls for 2 tsp. of leaves for a 6 oz. cup, 212 degree water, and a steeping time of 7 – 8 minutes. Yikes. Fortunately, Awkward Soul, who added this tea to the box, posted a nice review of it which allowed me to set my fears aside and steep it according to the instructions. The resulting tea is thick and strong, full of malt and raisin notes. There’s also some astringency but not as much as I was expecting and no bitterness. I’ll definitely resteep the leaves later today as I’m sure they have more to give.

I have to say that I love additions like this to tea boxes! Chances are I would never have had the opportunity to try this tea any other way.

Flavors: Malt, Raisins

Boiling 7 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I got this tea from my inlaws, who purchased it while they were on a river cruise through Russia! They had a tour guide find a tea shop and translate to get good loose leaf and this is what they reconmended.

So, this is a black grown in Azerbaijan. The instructions state to steep in 200ml of boiling water for 7 to 8 minutes. It surprisingly did not come out like thick bitter death, but a raisin, honey, malty and coppery flavor with lots of dryness. Very dry!

Overall, it was really cool to try a tea like this (I couldn’t find it for sale on amazon or ebay). It’s too dry for me, but I’ve been putting samples in all the traveling tea boxes I’ve been participating in for others to try.

Full review on my blog, The Oolong Owl http://oolongowl.com/azerchay-black-tea-oolong-owl-tea-review/

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 7 OZ / 200 ML
boychik

I love the teapot. Never seen those. I’m impressed with tea leaves. Back in my days when I lived in Russia Caucasian tea( Georgia, Azerbaijan ) was very poor quality, worse than bad quality CTC. We always had Indian or Ceylon tea.